What's new

The Speakeasy Acquisitions 2023

Some mead making goodies arrived today. Four 1 gallon wide mouth jars with airlocks, sanitizer, hydrometer, yeast, yeast nutrients, and funnels. I'm super excited to get to making some mead!

20230831_174010.jpg

Not a recent acquisition by any means but once or twice a year when the weather is getting colder I’ll dive into my treasure chest. I purchased this Speyside in 2016, it’s a Single cask @ cask strength - non chill-filtered and with no added coloring. Comes in @ 54.1% ABV and goes usually in stuff like Ballantines or Teacher’s - rarely you can find it on it’s own.

BCC8B286-18FA-408A-9220-0DB2F72EF6E0.jpeg

Received two more 1997 vintage ports - Fonseca and another Graham’s. The Fonseca will be enjoyed at one of the upcoming holidays, and the Graham’s sits a few years to compare to the bottle recently opened. From what I read, 1997 is in it’s window, but hoping for the Graham’s to evolve a little while it sits.
IMG_7813.jpeg

Received two more 1997 vintage ports - Fonseca and another Graham’s. The Fonseca will be enjoyed at one of the upcoming holidays, and the Graham’s sits a few years to compare to the bottle recently opened. From what I read, 1997 is in it’s window, but hoping for the Graham’s to evolve a little while it sits.
View attachment 1743148
Have ordered my next Portuguese care package as well Rick :thumbsup:

7C3A4CDB-CD58-4802-93DE-C0EF13127413.jpeg

I got these bottles a few weeks ago. The Heaven Hill BiB just became available in my area, so I had to grab it. I have always been curious about American Single Malts, and Yellowstone was on sale for half price, so I couldn't pass it up. The Elijah Craig is good pour in my opinion, and I had to grab a backup bottle. I have never tried the Sagamore Rye, I do love the Double Oaked, so I thought I would give the regular rye a try.

Last edited:
One beloved regular in my rotation, and one new bottle for me tonight.

Smoky Scot to me seems like Caol Ila's competitor for Ardbeg Wee Beastie. My local store had it for $36 a fifth so I figured I couldn't go wrong. might be the lightest colored scotch I've ever seen. I've seen some others online with a 5 year age statement, but this one has no age statement. Nice peat heavy scotch, but some other flavors in there as well. I feel like this one has less of a one note feel than I remember Wee Beastie having, but don't have wee beastie on hand to compare.

PXL_20231111_020905712.jpg

Hearing good things about the toasted barrel and barrel proof offerings from Elijah Craig.
In my opinion the toasted barrel is very good. If you like other toasted barrels, you should like it. As far as the barrel proof goes, I only have one, and it is from last year (C922). It is one of my favorite pours. I hear a lot of good things about the C923, I'm still trying to track that one down.

Top Bottom