What's new

The SCORE! Post your acquisitions here

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Hmmm.... Lessee,
CZ457 with MTR chamber? Check...
Manners carbon fiber adjustable stock? Check...
500 piece run? Check...
Brought home ANOTHER .22? :lol: Double check! She sure is purty!
MannersCZ.jpg

I have a buddy I go to gun shows with and we have the same kind of arrangement. He takes the blame when my wife gets mad after I bring something expensive home and vice Versa, I do the same for him by letting him blame his fiscal discrepancies on me.

It gives our wives someone else to blame and we get the stuff we want nag free. Everybody wins! ;)

It works for us. :)

You basically got two Wilson Combat special editions for the price of one, it doesn’t get any better than that I don’t think?

Sell one and you basically got the other for free! :)

But considering it’s a 19 and a 26? I’d keep both! :)

When we moved her from Tulsa, I left all of my gun show buddies there. Now I just take the beating 🥴

I'm sure I'll keep the 2 new ones. The question is do I sell the 27 and 19 that I already have, or keep them around for beaters.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
When we moved her from Tulsa, I left all of my gun show buddies there. Now I just take the beating 🥴

I'm sure I'll keep the 2 new ones. The question is do I sell the 27 and 19 that I already have, or keep them around for beaters.

I want a Colt Gold Cup one day, but I don’t need multiple Gold Cups? I have a bolt action, lever action, a couple of revolvers and 1911’s.

Glocks and AR’s are the only type of firearms where I can see owning a numerous amount of each is necessary?

:)

I want a Colt Gold Cup one day, but I don’t need multiple Gold Cups? I have a bolt action, lever action, a couple of revolvers and 1911’s.

Glocks and AR’s are the only type of firearms where I can see owning a numerous amount of each is necessary?

:)

I am on the opposite side of that coin. I own one Glock, no ARs and have no desire for either....Now, bolt guns, lever guns, revolvers, and 1911s....I have lots of those.

nikonNUT

Just internally suppressed and it would be better than the MegaMellion grand prize.....
Yeah, see your not helping! :lol: There exsists a company called TacOps that makes stupid accurate M40 style rifles. They also make (or made) a rifle called the Green Hornet. Starts life as a Ruger 77/22. Then the barrel is chopped, an intergral suppressor added, and the whole mess is sleved. Add a custom stock and viola! You end up with this...
Green Hornet.jpg

Marketed to LE/MIL for the quiet elimination of lights and dogs. Now I kinda want one! Or maybe I'll just externaly suppress the CZ. 🤷‍♂️

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I have a buddy I go to gun shows with and we have the same kind of arrangement. He takes the blame when my wife gets mad after I bring something expensive home and vice Versa, I do the same for him by letting him blame his fiscal discrepancies on me.

It gives our wives someone else to blame and we get the stuff we want nag free. Everybody wins! ;)

You basically got two Wilson Combat special editions for the price of one, it doesn’t get any better than that I don’t think?

Genius logic my friend.

But then, I am not a woman.

Got a friend in town whom I have known 30+ years..... A while back he asked which gun to buy and we went shooting ONCE...maybe 100rds. As we came back....the wife, a stay at home mom, that has had whatever she wants and gone wherever she wants her married life, started bickering about she waste of money shooting is..... I played dumb and ignored her comments and questions......till I couldn't take any more and I said: in my case, I work hard, get paid and then I will spend my money in whatever I want!!! and that was the END.
I think twice after that...... she has been gone (traveling) and hubby is at home.....he has asked: which other toy should I get....and usually the next day goes and gets it..... Not sure what she thinks of that..... . One son is a Navy pilot and the other likes shooting.......ohh and her dad was a military pilot, too...... No idea why she complained so much ?

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Yeah, see your not helping! :lol: There exsists a company called TacOps that makes stupid accurate M40 style rifles. They also make (or made) a rifle called the Green Hornet. Starts life as a Ruger 77/22. Then the barrel is chopped, an intergral suppressor added, and the whole mess is sleved. Add a custom stock and viola! You end up with this...
View attachment 1817654

Marketed to LE/MIL for the quiet elimination of lights and dogs. Now I kinda want one! Or maybe I'll just externaly suppress the CZ. 🤷‍♂️

But...but...where is its companion Bruce Lee?

One of the most difficult musical pieces ever devised by an Evil composer...Flight of The Bumble Bee.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Got a friend in town whom I have known 30+ years..... A while back he asked which gun to buy and we went shooting ONCE...maybe 100rds. As we came back....the wife, a stay at home mom, that has had whatever she wants and gone wherever she wants her married life, started bickering about she waste of money shooting is..... I played dumb and ignored her comments and questions......till I couldn't take any more and I said: in my case, I work hard, get paid and then I will spend my money in whatever I want!!! and that was the END.
I think twice after that...... she has been gone (traveling) and hubby is at home.....he has asked: which other toy should I get....and usually the next day goes and gets it..... Not sure what she thinks of that..... . One son is a Navy pilot and the other likes shooting.......ohh and her dad was a military pilot, too...... No idea why she complained so much ?
Sad for your friend!

I truly appreciate that my wife lets me "waste" money however I like. But to be honest, there is very little I really "want" and "just HAVE to have" nowadays.

AND she is the most generous person I know. But I have to FORCE her to spend money on herself. (Am I blessed or what?!)

I am pretty sure I NEED to get a Ruger of some kind of revolver, probably an SP101, chambered for 9mm.... .357 and .38 are getting hard to find and quite expensive. AND I'm cheap, so there is that!

Last edited:
Sad for your friend!

I truly appreciate that my wife lets me "waste" money however I like. But to be honest, there is very little I really "want" and "just HAVE to have" nowadays.

AND she is the most generous person I know. But I have to FORCE her to spend money on herself. (Am I blessed or what?!)

I am pretty sure I NEED to get a Ruger of some kind of revolver, probably an SP101, chambered for 9mm.... .357 and .38 are getting hard to find and quite expensive. AND I'm cheap, so there is that!
2 w ago; palmetostatearmory had 357 6" for $699

nikonNUT

Soooo when do I get to meet the lady whose ire I keep raising? :lol1:

I did a thing yesterday. After doing all the paperwork (mostly on a kiosk and computer, almost an hour's worth) and a picture the nice young man bundled it back up in the box and put it in a safe in the back. I did get to take the stickers.:001_wub: I hope to see it again someday, the processing takes "somewhere between 4 and 9 months". 🙄 I shot the Ruger today. I'd like to fix the trigger and put a red dot of some sort on it.

View attachment 1735760
144 days later and they are together again and safely home.
22.jpg

The Volquartsen kit got the trigger down to a very consistent 1 pound and 15 ounces on my Lyman scale. New Ruger target type wood grips and a not that great CT dot sight. To the range Friday.:biggrin1:

Top Bottom