What's new

Meerschaum March 2024!!!

IMG_5027.jpeg

WCC Old Dominion in this IMP.

Might as well post a question here:

Is a tenon mounted (non-threaded, push/pull) stem a bad thing on a meerschaum pipe?...or an indicator of a lesser quality meer pipe?

For the sake of clarity, when I smoke a meerschaum, it will appear here, during MMM. When I smoke any other pipe, it will appear in POTD. My meers will not appear in POTD during MMM. Basically, it's because I'm lazy. To that end, one of my pipes this evening will be Tashkent in the PSF 2015 Altinok POY.

When I purchased it third hand ten months ago.
2015 Altinok POY.jpg

Today.
20240306_2015 Altinok PSF POY.jpg

One additional pipe for this evening, at least for now.
The Falcon Bulldog stuffed with Sutliff Match 20. Some whisky on the side to numb my jaw after spending a couple of hours in the dentist's chair this afternoon.
20240306.jpg

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Might as well post a question here:

Is a tenon mounted (non-threaded, push/pull) stem a bad thing on a meerschaum pipe?...or an indicator of a lesser quality meer pipe?
I think (I could be wrong) that threaded are just different and not a quality indicator.
I seem to see push/pull on newer pipes and threaded on older ones.

If you have only one meer, is it a good thing to smoke it every day? Briars should be left to dry out and rest at least a day or two between smokes. But what of the sea-foamy mineral?

Tonight's smokes: KG Sutliff VaPer 2.0 in a Paul Fischer Billiard; WC Deluxe Crumb Cut in Jordon-the-Dog Meer; Sutliff Match 20 in The Old Priest. Famous Grouse Smoky Black on the side.
View attachment 1809736
I see you are a fan of Sutliff Match20. I am as well. No idea how it compares to Dunhill 965, but it is a pretty satisfying all day smoke and I can buy a pound of it locally for $35.00. Needless to say I have a fair bit collared (at least I think I do, haven't counted lately and I smoke it a LOT).

I see you are a fan of Sutliff Match20. I am as well. No idea how it compares to Dunhill 965, but it is a pretty satisfying all day smoke and I can buy a pound of it locally for $35.00. Needless to say I have a fair bit collared (at least I think I do, haven't counted lately and I smoke it a LOT).
I've been smoking the Match 20 off and on for a few years. It seems more on than off these days. I just added another pound, to get the free shipping for the pipe cleaners. You know how that goes, right?

Top Bottom