What's new

The SCORE! Post your acquisitions here

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I love 1911's and have owned many of 'em. Since the advent of polymer framed guns, I admit I shoot them less and carry them never but they're still a part of my essential handgun list. A true classic and every bit as relevant today as it ever was.

It would probably throw my hip out of socket if I carried it daily. It won’t be a EDC for me.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Picked up a Rock Island 1911, 5 mags, and leather holster from a friend at work for $475. I thought it was a good deal to get familiar with the 1911 platform. I’ve wanted a 1911 for a long time so this should get my feet wet so to speak. If I like it I’ll step up my game to a mo betta one.

View attachment 1813040

View attachment 1813041

Back to the days of wood and steel...when guns were real.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
It would probably throw my hip out of socket if I carried it daily. It won’t be a EDC for me.
It's funny but I find I end up carrying my all metal pistols far more than the polymer framed ones. In S&W it's the Wonder Nines that get to go WalkAbout rather than the Shields ad in 45acp it's the 1911s and Sig P220 rather than the polymer Shield 45acp. But it's really holster and belt dependent.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Picked up a Rock Island 1911, 5 mags, and leather holster from a friend at work for $475. I thought it was a good deal to get familiar with the 1911 platform. I’ve wanted a 1911 for a long time so this should get my feet wet so to speak. If I like it I’ll step up my game to a mo betta one.

View attachment 1813040

View attachment 1813041

A mo betta’ one? That one looks pretty perfect. 👍

OkieStubble

It's funny but I find I end up carrying my all metal pistols far more than the polymer framed ones. In S&W it's the Wonder Nines that get to go WalkAbout rather than the Shields ad in 45acp it's the 1911s and Sig P220 rather than the polymer Shield 45acp. But it's really holster and belt dependent.

I kinda agree with this. I can’t remember the last time I carried my Glock 30 .45, but I turn into a giggly lil’ school girl when I think about carrying my Springfield. ;)

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
One score for me and one for my boss. I got the blessing to turn medium boi into an SBR (Yay!) and my Wednesday night caused hearts and minds to be changed! "Ya know Chris... I thought your thermals and suppressors were cool but now I get it! Lets go to the gun store!" 2 suppressors and an iRay Bolt series TL25E (pretty awesome for $1999.00!) later and he is a convert! Guess who gets to mount and zero it for him? :lol: I don't mind and the Bergara is a gonna be an awesome after dark critter gitter in its own right!
Scores.jpg

OkieStubble

I really like the Dan Wesson stuff.
I concede, Dan Wesson is awesome, But lately, Rock Island as a budget gun maker? Has been putting out some pretty cool stuff. I have a buddy who has a Rock Island Commander and It’s a two tone cerakoted thing that is pretty darn handsome. Kinda makes me instantly whisper wow! Under my breath every time I see it.

When I saw it for the very first time and he said it was an RIA, I asked him, “did you cerakote that yourself?” And he was like “nah bruh, RIA did that!”

I was like, “say whaaaaat!” :)
It’s been a really reliable and accurate shooting 1911 for him. I’m like you, I a couple of nicer one’s one day like a Colt Gold Cup, but that Colt would probably spend most of it’s days in the safe and probably never on my my hip.

But I try to find reasons to get rounds down range with my Springfield or it strap on my hip and bang it around and scratch it up.

I always hear people say Glock’s have no soul or character. But imo, a scratched and dinged up Glock or old slab side 1911 that has some history and has been rode hard and put up wet, has plenty of soul and character that can be seen in every scuff, scratch or mark.

Lot’s of beautiful safe queens out there for sure and there’s nothing wrong with that. And while they are beautiful and fun to hold and admire, they just seem lifeless to me with no soul or character…. Because they just are never out with me when I’m living life. And they have no bumps or bruises to prove it. :)

I've heard good things about RIA, Turkey has really been putting out some quality guns. Tisas is where I jumped back into 1911's. A couple of years ago I bought a bobtail commander. I had never heard of them but for about $400 I didn't see how I could go wrong. It was really nice. Some day I'm probably going to regret trading it off.

Speaking of Glocks..... I stopped at one of my regular gun/pawn shops the other day. The owner put a couple of guns on the counter, as he normally does when he sees me.

At first I thought they were just a couple of ordinary Glocks, but they weren't. They were Wilson Combat Paul Howe custom Glocks 19 and 26. I had never seen one in person before let alone two.

1710907324183.png

Everything had either been reworked or replaced. The only thing left original was the Glock name on the slide. The slide was like butter, the trigger was fantastic, the barrel was Wilson match, and it had a Wilson receiver. He said that someone had lost them in pawn (man that's got to hurt). But at $1200 each, I had to walk away (and go home and think about it).

I will probably never see another one, but I couldn't decide which one, so I would have to buy both of them. Thankfully I came to my senses.......

I have 5 Glocks and all 5 shoot better than needed. I have a g27 and g43x that I carry, g19 that is always close buy in my Maxpedition "murse" (as my wife calls it), a g22 that's been loaded for 25 years somewhere in the house just in case, and a g35 just for fun 😁. They have all the soul and character I need.

OkieStubble

I've heard good things about RIA, Turkey has really been putting out some quality guns. Tisas is where I jumped back into 1911's. A couple of years ago I bought a bobtail commander. I had never heard of them but for about $400 I didn't see how I could go wrong. It was really nice. Some day I'm probably going to regret trading it off.

Speaking of Glocks..... I stopped at one of my regular gun/pawn shops the other day. The owner put a couple of guns on the counter, as he normally does when he sees me.

At first I thought they were just a couple of ordinary Glocks, but they weren't. They were Wilson Combat Paul Howe custom Glocks 19 and 26. I had never seen one in person before let alone two.

View attachment 1815258

Everything had either been reworked or replaced. The only thing left original was the Glock name on the slide. The slide was like butter, the trigger was fantastic, the barrel was Wilson match, and it had a Wilson receiver. He said that someone had lost them in pawn (man that's got to hurt). But at $1200 each, I had to walk away (and go home and think about it).

I will probably never see another one, but I couldn't decide which one, so I would have to buy both of them. Thankfully I came to my senses.......

I have 5 Glocks and all 5 shoot better than needed. I have a g27 and g43x that I carry, g19 that is always close buy in my Maxpedition "murse" (as my wife calls it), a g22 that's been loaded for 25 years somewhere in the house just in case, and a g35 just for fun 😁. They have all the soul and character I need.

$1,200 is a good price for a Paul Howe package from WC. They usually run about $1,600 brand new.

I would really like to see a pic of your Maxpedition ‘Murse’? :)

$1,200 is a good price for a Paul Howe package from WC. They usually run about $1,600 brand new.

I would really like to see a pic of your Maxpedition ‘Murse’? :)

$1200 is a good price but, I was trying to look at it like....... $1200 THAT’S CRAZY!

I will stop buy and talk to him after my doctor appointment. He will probably let me have them for $1000 if I take both of them.

Are you sure that's not crazy? 🤔

The murse.
20240320_173742.jpg

I've carried the Glock 19 and 2 extra mags in it for about 25 years

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
$1200 is a good price but, I was trying to look at it like....... $1200 THAT’S CRAZY!

I will stop buy and talk to him after my doctor appointment. He will probably let me have them for $1000 if I take both of them.

The murse.
View attachment 1815701

Buying both is still only about half the price of one Manurhin six shot revolver.

Such a deal should fall off the rack.

The murse.
View attachment 1815701

Is that the Fatboy versipack? If so they have a buy one get one free sale going on right now.

Is that the Fatboy versipack? If so they have a buy one get one free sale going on right now.
Yes it is. I just bought one on Amazon for $65 shipped. The front clasp just broke on the one in the picture. I bought it used at a gun show about 25 years ago.

The enabler in me will say; It's only money? ;)
Okay, my wife is mad at me and you right now.

I went back to the gun shop this morning. I shot him a low ball price and he took it. 😖

As I said, I probably couldn't decide which one so I got both of them for $1800 cash out the door.

20240322_103201.jpg

$900 is a lot for a glock but after putting a pencil to it, I think I got a pretty decent deal. Neither one appears to have been shot much. They come with the original serialized barrel, sights, and all of the internal parts that were replaced.

Just kidding about my wife being mad at you. I tried to blame it all on you but, she knows me pretty well 😏

OkieStubble

I have a buddy I go to gun shows with and we have the same kind of arrangement. He takes the blame when my wife gets mad after I bring something expensive home and vice Versa, I do the same for him by letting him blame his fiscal discrepancies on me.

It gives our wives someone else to blame and we get the stuff we want nag free. Everybody wins! ;)

It works for us. :)

You basically got two Wilson Combat special editions for the price of one, it doesn’t get any better than that I don’t think?

Sell one and you basically got the other for free! :)

But considering it’s a 19 and a 26? I’d keep both! :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom