What's new

The SCORE! Post your acquisitions here

Bought another CMP 1911, an early Ithaca. This one has a Remington slide, my other one has an Ithaca slide. Frames are from the correct year range so I will swap 'em. The Remington will be correct with just the slide and barrel swap. I may swap a few more minor parts to get the Ithaca to proper configuration. Would need to swap a main spring housing, a hammer, maybe the trigger. Haven't decided whether I will do it or not, may leave them as is except for the slides and barrel. I found some grips that are proper for both pistols. There weren't hard to find and didn't cost much. I told the seller I would be fine with rack numbers on them so that is what I got. I think it's cool. Reminds me I need to do a FOIA request.
IMG_0883.jpeg

I've been going back and forth on what next to get . I'm down to a very nice Anschutz 1712 but even used prices have been high online. A Vudoo would hurt a lot, a HK usp t in 45, a k31 rifle, and a Mossberg retrograde. Originally wanted the 590a1 but also liked the 500 for various barrels. Found a local 590 with heat shield for 500 USD. Found this locally, solves the 500 plus barrels lol option, besides locally even Mavericks are 200 at Walmart and used. Mossberg New Haven 600at, very good shape. A couple small scratches but really like it. It's a 500 with adjustable choke. All for 220 bucks. Read they used to be cheaper but everything was. CIRCA 1979.
IMG_20240301_181407310_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20240301_181335234_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20240301_181353781~2.jpg

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
The waiting...

... my old Sig P229 is due to get home after a Spa Week at the Mothership. It went in for their full treatment including new springs and wear items as well as adding new night sights, full aroma therapy, warm oil massage and fluff and buff.

But It's been stopping off at several points along the way and can only say it will get home before curfew.

What they say they did:

Detailed stripping and complete and thorough cleaning of the entire pistol. Professional safety inspection of critical components by Custom Works Personnel. Replacement of springs prone to wear and any needed small parts. Then lubrication to factory standards, reassembly, and function testing. Also installation of new X-Ray3 Day/Night Sights. The cost was $150.00 plus shipping which is pretty much just what a new set of night sights would have been.

I want to see if it comes back with the mag I sent. (Yes, I sent it empty)

restricted-mag.jpg

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Came back and with a bag of pieces parts that were replaced and with the original LE/Miltary magazine but doesn't seem to have a working front night sight. Rear ones glow but not the front.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Came back and with a bag of pieces parts that were replaced and with the original LE/Miltary magazine but doesn't seem to have a working front night sight. Rear ones glow but not the front.

Sig X-ray sights green front post should have a tritium insert that glows?

I had x-rays on my 365 and 320x compact and both front posts had tritium.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Turns out it does glow. There was some sticky, oily surface on the lens itself. Careful cleaning with some 99% rubbing alcohol fixed the issue.

Makes ya wonder what the sticky oily stuff was? :)

Maybe glue from the packaging they took it from?

Or the Sig service tech accidentally got a booger on it?

Inquiring minds. :)

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Makes ya wonder what the sticky oily stuff was? :)

Maybe glue from the packaging they took it from?

Or the Sig service tech accidentally got a booger on it?

Inquiring minds. :)
It was only on the tritium lens itself, the green surround was clean as was the rest of the sight. My guess is something from the initial manufacturing process. I used a 20c loupe before even seeing it and it was just different than the lens at the rear sights. I used a plastic dental pick and alcohol to gentle remove it.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Picked up a Rock Island 1911, 5 mags, and leather holster from a friend at work for $475. I thought it was a good deal to get familiar with the 1911 platform. I’ve wanted a 1911 for a long time so this should get my feet wet so to speak. If I like it I’ll step up my game to a mo betta one.

IMG_0758.jpeg

IMG_0759.jpeg

Picked up a Rock Island 1911, 5 mags, and leather holster from a friend at work for $475. I thought it was a good deal to get familiar with the 1911 platform. I’ve wanted a 1911 for a long time so this should get my feet wet so to speak. If I like it I’ll step up my game to a mo betta one.

View attachment 1813040

View attachment 1813041
I love 1911's and have owned many of 'em. Since the advent of polymer framed guns, I admit I shoot them less and carry them never but they're still a part of my essential handgun list. A true classic and every bit as relevant today as it ever was.

Top Bottom