What's new

The MMA Thread

Standard pre fight hype trash talk. He did stun Sage on the geet which lead to a quick sub. I think that ahows Galls standup is pretty legit.

Until that punch he was getting outclassed on the striking (at least thats what it looked liked to me). And he threw that wildly without looking, not exactly skillful there.

Did he even stand up against cm punk? Or did he just take him down immediately?

I read about Cain possibly be out of UFC 207, but it isn't confirmed anywhere.

As for Cyborg, not shocked at all. To be honest, I'm surprised she even got one fight in the UFC before being busted.

My God, do you mean to imply that Cris "Cyborg" Justino may have possibly been partaking of Performance Enhancing Drugs? I just don't see it...

Okay, enough of that. From what I've seen, and this is all controlled content, she seems like a really nice person. I appreciate that she feels the clock and is worried about not ever having babies. I hope she is able to, and lives a happy life. I suspect that she has been on something(s) for years. As a result, I've lost quite a bit of respect for her wins and her sporting achievements. As for the steroids, they are great when you are on them, sure, and when you go off they wreck you. Even if she stopped, after all of these years she needs some kind of chemical therapy to get her body back to where it does what it needs to on its own again. I think she needs to take some time off to get herself 100% aligned on all aspects of her personal and sporting life before she comes back. As such, a suspension would be a great time to get it done. Get some good hormone therapy, get the glands all working again, lose some muscle mass so that she can make the weight class that the UFC finally capitulated and made for her.

Cain is out of 207. Ugh, he should just get in shape and freeze himself in carbonite between fights. Who do you think is the most injury prone camp? AKA? Nova Uniao?

He's been popped for peds before.

Any of you watching this weekend?

I dont have anything planned, and im not drinking for new years. So i guess im watching. I really fail to see how ronda wins this. Yeah... styles make fights, but seeing how fast nunes put miesha away. And ronda taking 3 rounds to do it. And the fact that ronda has had a very long layoff, i dont see it. I think nunes is gonna make quick work of her, hell she might make her tap.

DAMN IT CAIN!!

I seriously hope that cody makes cruz go out cold. I cant stand cruz.

Rooting for killlashaw over lineker. Let's see if he makes weight.

Aldo. This is Hendricks last chance at redemption, but magny is no slouch. I hope that fight isn't boring.

I know he's popped before. Twice before that I know of.

I'm watching the free fights this weekend but not the PPV.

I hope Nunes wins, by KO in the first round. That would be amazing and hopefully Rhonda will go away.

I hope the Cruz takes out Cody, I can't stand Cody. :)

What happened to Hendricks? It's like he never recovered from the loss to GSP.

And Mike Goldberg is out of the UFC and 207 will be the last time he calls a fight. I'm not a big Goldberg fan but he is a thousand times better than Jon Anik.

Ha ha haha. Just something about cruz, plus he looks like eddie munster.

Man, wth... i don't get why Goldie is leaving, or getting fired

I'll be watching the free fights, hopefully.

I can see Ronda winning. She's only lost the one fight, and Amanda does not fight in the style that foiled her. Amanda is big and aggressive, but so is Ronda and Ronda thrives on that kind of fight. I think Amanda can win if she plays it smart. I just hope she doesn't get frustrated or desperate and try to charge Ronda.

I usually don't root for Cruz, but Cody is not a sympathetic figure. Cruz made him look like an *** in the big interview. I like Alpha Male, but watching any of them try to out-talk Cruz has been painful every time.

Definitely hoping Dillashaw wins. I don't see how he loses. He's better at everything than Lineker, faster, has better movement. Unless Dill gets complacent and Lineker lands a bomb, he should be good.

Super jazzed that the Pyle fight is on the free card. Love that guy.

I hope Rousey loses and goes to Hollywood full time. I'm definitely no fan of hers. But she is capable of winning, don't like her, but her arm bar is top notch. Though, I doubt I'll make it out to the fights. There is a BW3s a mile from my house, but they no longer show the UFC, really minimizes my draw to go to fights.

This is lame. The fight between Nurmy and Fergeson is not happening. Tony wanted pay equal to what Khabib makes, despite allegedly having just signed a new contract that seems to see him making less. I don't know what he makes a fight or how it compares to Khabib's, but that's not cool either way. Tony should honor his contract, even if it's a poor one. He and his manager worked it out and signed it. At the same time, I hate to see a guy as awesome a fighter as he is not fighting or earning as much as he's worth. The list of fighters as exciting as him is not long.

Man, I wanted to see that fight.

Top Bottom