What's new

The MMA Thread

Very great card. Top to bottom

Except for that blatant fix in the main event.

I'm done watching the ufc.
Trust me, you won't miss it.

I still follow this thread and check the results but have never thought "man, I wish I would have watched that card".

It isn't what it uses to be and it's getting worse.

He's now saying he wants an equal share of the ufc.

“I’ve been happy to continue what I’m doing. I feel I’ve outworn the previous contract. When I’m looking at what they’re taking in, that list that Lorenzo [Fertitta] compiled to show the new owners. That’s the gospel, that’s proof of what I bring. You want me to be around and continue to push the company, bring me aboard,” McGregor said. “I need to be set for life with this. As owner, an equity stake in the company, that’s what I’m looking for.”
“I’m aware of my worth,” he said. “And now I’ve got a family, now I got a kid on the way. I’m coming for mine now if you want me back

“I’ve earned something. People have shares in the company, celebrities. Conan O’Brien has a share in the company. Where’s my share? Where’s my equity? If I’m the one that’s bringing this, I want what I deserve, what I’ve earned.”

So like i thought. He won't defend this title either, unless he gets what he wants.

Holding up two divisions. I seriously hate this guy

Last edited:
I hate to say it, McGregor is right. He brings in soooooo much more money than anyone else. While I certainly don't like the idea of 2 divisions being held up I can't blame him for going after what he's worth.

If it makes you feel any better I can't imagine him beating Nurmagamedov.

I don't like the idea of a participating member also owning part of the company. The accusations of fight judging and early stoppages would be constant. If he's the companies bread and butter and part owner, it could be swayed in his favor.

MMA has Vegas betting too (I think) and all I can think of is Pete Rose.

I'm so tired of Connor, and I'm really tired of his trash talk and then backing up that trash talk. I never thought he had a chance against Aldo, or Nate, either time. And I thought Eddie would take him down and GnP him into oblivion. He was insufferable before, now that he has belts in two divisions he is going to be even worse. Is he seriously not going to defend either belt unless he gets his way? It's just crazy.

He has brought in a lot of money for the UFC but he didn't "make" the UFC what it is today. Did he contribute? Absolutely, so did a lot of other fighters. I think it's probably safe to say that he is making more than any other fighter has ever made but I don't see him getting a share of the company and still getting the huge paychecks.

Well, he's not Carwin, but Fedor signed on to fight Meathead in Bellator. That's...actually kind of a respectable match up. Fedor isn't "Pride Fedor" anymore, and Mitrione has heavy hands and decent striking, not to mention a good size advantage.

Hahaha, Tim is so damn thick at 185, I bet he's over 200 when hydrated. Rumble is massive, though. I also think he's never more than a clean shot away from beating anybody. I remember when he fought Little Nog. Nog threw out a combo, and Rumble retaliated and even though he missed you could see the difference. Monster, monster power.

Mma will go on with or without him.

Absolutely.

He's out of his mind thinking he should own a piece of the company. He's on a streak (despite getting smashed by Diaz). He will lose eventually and become a regular fighter and then retire.

If he really thinks he's making such a big impact on the sport and can do it on his own...why doesn't he fight for Bellator? The answer to that question is why he also needs the UFC.

Senshi, what's up man! Haven't seen you around here in forever.

I just read that Connor relinquished the fw belt. If true. It greatly diminishes his accomplishment of getting two belts.

Senshi, what's up man! Haven't seen you around here in forever.

I just read that Connor relinquished the fw belt. If true. It greatly diminishes his accomplishment of getting two belts.

Yeah man, been busy with family stuff but it's finally over with.

I was surprised about this but I think this is the first thing the UFC has done to him that wasn't special treatment. Gotta defend that belt. Plus I think LW is better for him anyway.

This has the potential to do a lot of good for the fighters. I hope that this doesn't end the career of the guys trying to get this off the ground.

Top Bottom