What's new

The MMA Thread

I guess I'm going to go somewhere tonight and watch this with my kids. I might have ordered it if the card had held up, but not now.

I've heard those stories about Rome too. Honestly, I'll be glad to see Goldie go. I've been listening to him since he started, and he's just terrible. Over the years, he's gotten to seem like part of the UFC package, so I kind of forget about him until he engages in some idiotic banter with Joe or screws up a call. Apparently Anik isn't even in the discussion. Does that mean that Rogan will be doing PBP? Or are they going to add a third member to the team? I think that Rogan's contract limits him to US events, and it was only a year extension, wasn't it? Maybe Rome is really going to be the replacement for Rogan, and they're going to bring in someone else for PBP.

I thought cody would KO cruz... but never did i think he would completely embarrass and outclass him. That was beautiful to watch.

Amanda... wow, made ronda look like a can.

Ummm. How did magny get a UD over hendricks. Even though jony fought boring. I thought he won.

And killlashaw, what a class he put on lineker

I was surprised by the upsets last night. I didn't think Cody had a chance against Cruz. And Ronda looked terrible. Do you guys think this is the end of Ronda in MMA?

I thought the Hendricks fight could have gone either way, but I didn't think it could have been a unanimous decision. I think the submission attempts and the elbows from the bottom are what carried Magny to victory.

I was surprised by the upsets last night. I didn't think Cody had a chance against Cruz. And Ronda looked terrible. Do you guys think this is the end of Ronda in MMA?

I thought the Hendricks fight could have gone either way, but I didn't think it could have been a unanimous decision. I think the submission attempts and the elbows from the bottom are what carried Magny to victory.

I am thinking Rousey is done, was a 43 sec disaster for her and she left without speaking to anyone, the media really pumped her up before the fight with all the commercials and such but i am thinking that was push driven by the MMA owners to drive up sales for PayPerView, she looked really bad.

It's hard for me to imagine a comeback for Ronda. She didn't have any offense or defense on her feet. Unless she moves to a new camp where she is willing to put in the effort to work out these problems, I think she's done. I feel like she's also peaked in the media (regardless of that Pantene commercial I kept seeing last night) so I'm betting that we either see her end up in WWE or some Walker Texas Ranger-level TV show.

Cody looked great last night against Cruz. It's a tribute to his control of the fight that Cruz looked awkward and discombobulated. I hope they don't go for an immediate rematch--with the momentum Dillashaw has coming out of his dominant win, it seems like a natural to put both of them together. I think that Cruz has a lot of good fights left in him, but he should get paired up with one of the younger contenders before getting back in the cage with Cody.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I'm pretty happy with how the card went down. The domination by Cody was waaay better than a one-punch KO, and I'm not disappointed in the quick bang-bang-boom by Nunes. I am concerned about how the next few years will play out under the new ownership as I expect more and more of a move towards marketing rather than skills being used to make fights.

I wasn't going to even order the fight... But I'm glad I did! TJ & Cody, wow... Great fights! Ronda looked absolutely terrible! I think she's done for good...

Khabib offed $200,000 of his own money to supplement Tony's purse if Tony will do the fight. Whether he's serious or if it's a bluff, he really threw the gauntlet down.

I'm very curious what's going to happen with the UFC. The WME invested billions in it and now they are down to one star in Conor MacGregor, especially with Jones and Brock Lesnar on suspension. I can't imagine how mad those boys in Hollywood were when Ronda got trounced. I heard in an interview those movies she had lined up all disappeared.

It seems they are wanting to move in a solely money motivated direction (as if it wasn't heading that direction already) but now they are trying to start earning on that huge investment. I think the days of earning a title shot are done, it will be completely determined by trash talk and ticket sales.

I agree with you Tim. I think the UFC has been heading that way for a while, especially when Dana says things like "its the fight the fans want to see." Hendo and Bisping is a perfect example of fights that don't make sense but it's a fight that fans want to see.

I agree. It's been all but that for a while now. Now that it's run by an even more faceless, money driven entity it will likely only get worse. But look at Bellator, they started in on the circus fights and their numbers were huge.

Bellator numbers were huge on cable, not PPV, and my belief is PPV is where they make their money. Doing 1 million PPVs like when Brock or Conor fight gives them 60 mil gross. Bellator can't compete with those numbers. Though I'd like to see Bellator continue to improve, as that benefits fighters.

Tony seems to be softening his stance, and has allegedly verbally agreed to fight Khabib at UFC 209. I sure hope so. I've wanted that fight for so long, hahaha. The upcoming UFC FN 103 looks pretty solid. Got one of my all-time favorite dudes ever, Joe Lauzon. The whole Main Card is actually pretty sweet.

Lauzon always puts on a show. He's one of my favorites too.

Tyron Woodley will be rematching Wonderboy. Glad they are making that happen. That's an immediate rematch that legitimately needs to happen.

I think most if not all of what he alleges is true, however I also think he's going to get absolutely crushed in court. And my guess is he'll be out of his next bout.

Does this suit go against Zuffa, since they owned the UFC at the time of infraction or against WME?

Top Bottom