What's new

The Intercontinental All Italian Shave-Off

Thanks to Stefano for posting Week #2! I am technologically challenged so his photo is much appreciated. I am totally in on the Shave of the Week choices on everything but the Proraso AS splash which I don't have. My post-shave will be Proraso ASB. I look forward to the Proraso focus and "chill thrill" for the next week. Hope some of you will join in and post your Proraso comments this week!

Last edited:
I've had the tube before. When I went to restock , I grabbed the tub to try something different. I still haven't gotten around to trying it.

Yes! This morning happened that even if I have a normal skin, fresh blade, there was a near perfect shave.
This us after the first pass... Filthy!

proxy.php

Week 2 Shave 1. All Proraso... brush, soap, Fatip + Bolzano, Proraso white ASB. After I used the Fatip now for a week it is second nature. The results are a very gone shave with a soft and cool face! A nice way to start the day@

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Thank you Stefano!

Just to be in theme today I've used my trusted Fatip Piccolo with Proraso Ever-Green shaving cream and Proraso splash. :thumbup1:

Great reading this. As Italian is also my background I went to look for some Italian blades. Everything I found said Bolzani are now made in Germany. Are there any blades made in Italy any more???

Ever green, ever good!
Thanks for joining us, Marco.
Please feel free to post anything you deem appropriate on any moment. It will be always a pleasure.

This is really a fun thread. I am learning a lot also. So many of you are using Cella that I figured I should chime in with something different. I am using Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica shaving soap with an Omega brush. I am not sure which one it is as I have misplaced the box, so any help would be appreciated. The non Italian items are the Nivea Post Shave Balm and the EJ DE 89 razor with Dorco ST 300 blades. The soap and brush are wonderful.

$20150815-P1080277.jpg

Last edited:
I just found this thread. It is cool. Here is my set up I will start using tomorrow. I love all these products which I believe are Italian.

$Omega_10049.jpg

Inspired by this thread, I finally dug into the stockpile and pulled out the Proraso in the tub. I will use it this week before I make any comparisons to the cream version in the tube.

Stefano- Does your barber use the tub or cream in the tube?

View attachment 594056

This is really a fun thread. I am learning a lot also. So many of you are using Cella that I figured I should chime in with something different. I am using Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica shaving soap with an Omega brush. I am not sure which one it is as I have misplaced the box, so any help would be appreciated. The non Italian items are the Nivea Post Shave Balm and the EJ DE 89 razor with Dorco ST 300 blades. The soap and brush are wonderful.

Great setup! Saponificio Varesino is one of my favorite ever and it's quality us stellar IMO

Inspired by this thread, I finally dug into the stockpile and pulled out the Proraso in the tub. I will use it this week before I make any comparisons to the cream version in the tube.

Stefano- Does your barber use the tub or cream in the tube?

View attachment 594056

my barber uses the green cream in the bigger white tube. I think it's all about convenience. And about that cream leathers more easily than the tub.
It's the only proraso that don't have. :) for now.

We agreed with Steve to have the new shave off on the common ground of Proraso. Proraso Green, easy as it shaves.

Today had another great easy shave. The full green combo is a terrific combo. The freshness on my skin lasted over an hour after the shave.

Bolzano a high sharp blade and the Fatip flattened the beard very quickly today without any burn. The tiger is now a ***** that caress my skin and do the job effectively and without effort. First factor is finding the narrow angle, the second is zero pressure. Still don't know which is more important!

I received my FaTip on Thursday and have shaved with it Friday, Saturday, and today also. I just want to say I have had no problems with this razor at all (except the handle is very small I think I should have gotten the Grande) no weepers or cuts. I don't find this razor all that aggressive.
In keeping with this thread for software I have used Cella, Vallobra, and RazoRock P. 160. For the other hardware I used an Omega 10048, a Omega S-Brush, and an Omega Hi-brush and I used the Bollano blades and after reading Tony's post checked the packaging and they are indeed made in Germany. Oh well the rest of the products are Italian.
So Steve Thanks for coming up with this thread I might even have to order some Porazo green (the only one I have tried was the red and I didn't really like it).

Top Bottom