What's new

The 2024: 1-Blade, 1-Week, *Daily Shaving Adventure

Sharp Hi Platinum (Samah Industries, Bangladesh)

I logged 4 shaves on one of these blades, so I thought I would officially rank them in my list for 2024. First, this is a smooth and quiet blade with a medium level of sharpness. Compared to the competition, the Hi Platinum is not as smooth and sharp as the Treet Platinum. And it is sharper than the Shark Super Chrome yet not as smooth. But it is pretty decent in my opinion and I am certain reasonable people can disagree about the relationship of the three and which comes on top and why.

In conclusion, this is my favorite Durablade brand blade, over the Sharp Titanium. This is usually a 9 cent blade on AMZ when bought in a 100 pack.

cranewarrior’s Completely Subjective Rankings of Blades Tested in 2024

#1 Gillette Silver Blue
#2 Treet Platinum
#3 Dorco ST300
#4 Treet Dura Sharp
#5 Lord Cool
#6 Durablade Sharp Hi Platinum
#7 Shark Super Chrome
#8 Durablade Sharp Titanium
#9 Lord Racer
#10 Super-Max Super Stainless (Vidyut)
#11 Doalco ST300
#12 Jifuli Platinum Edge
#13 Gillette London Bridge (China)
#14 ASCO (Orange) by Lord

Last edited:
My weekly shave with the Shap Stainless has ended, one week three smooth shaves every other day.
The third one today a bit defective, it did not cut all the beard well.
It probably holds the edge for two shaves, by the third one it decays with its performance and it's also a risk to use it because it doesn't cut well this is my experience this week.

It left me with some residue of beard and hair , I finished with a Gillette Wilkinson Indian Sword.
Today used with the Gentle Fatip I give it a poor sufficiency,the Sharp 7 morning is much sharper and sharper even on the first shave, the Sharp stainless smoother.

Silver Star (Sotraco/Lord)

I completed this week using mostly the Silver Star and shaved 3 times with it. The Silver Star anecdotally seems to be the most popular blade made by Lord/Sotraco of Egypt. I have no idea what the relationship is between the two companies, but the Silver Star tucks are marked as made by Sotraco.

This is a smooth blade, perhaps not as plush feeling to me as the Shark Super Chrome, but it is considerably stronger on edge. Less sharp than the Lord Cool but definitely smoother. It is like Lord takes a blade and has many minor adjustments and then sells them under separate names. Like Coke Classic, Cherry Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, etc.

I generally like the Silver Star and rank it just under the Lord Cool, which is a better blade for me in the razors I tested. I generally value smoothness and comfort higher than sharpness, but the Cool was close enough to the Silver Star in those categories, so I will take the better performance.

#1 Gillette Silver Blue
#2 Treet Platinum
#3 Dorco ST300
#4 Treet Dura Sharp
#5 Lord Cool
#6 Lord Silver Star
#7 Durablade Sharp Hi Platinum
#8 Shark Super Chrome
#9 Durablade Sharp Titanium
#10 Lord Racer
#11 Super-Max Super Stainless (Vidyut)
#12 Doalco ST300
#13 Jifuli Platinum Edge
#14 Gillette London Bridge (China)
#15 ASCO (Orange) by Lord

Week 16 Ends: Blade is the Super-Max Titanium. This will be my first outing with the Titanium. I acquired it in a blade exchange.

Not overly impressed. Had a lot of blade feel from shave #1. Kind of old school.

Had to say that it did give me a decent close shave for the entire week.

Thought that maybe it might be good for some more shaves.

That was disproved by the burning sensation after applying my after shave. I do not normally experience any burning sensation after applying aftershave (Aqua Velva).

Which brings me to conclude that there is micro-fracturers occurring along the edge.

Would not use this blade again.

King C Gillette (China)

3.5 shaves completed in 6 days in 3 different razors (Muhle R89, Gillette Tech, Yaqi Mellon). All shaves were superior ones with close cuts and enormous smoothness and comfort. No cuts, weepers. No aftershave burning.

These razor blades come in mostly plain packaging (I bought off AMZ for $16/100), prompting some members to be concerned about counterfeits. I think they are the real deal given their tremendous performance for me. This is a top, top blade for me, and I am happy the KCG seems to have made a successful transition to production in China. No need to worry about losing access to these blades any time soon.

#1 Gillette Silver Blue
#2 King C Gillette (China)
#3 Treet Platinum
#4 Dorco ST300
#5 Treet Dura Sharp
#6 Lord Cool
#7 Lord Silver Star
#8 Durablade Sharp Hi Platinum
#9 Shark Super Chrome
#10 Durablade Sharp Titanium
#11 Lord Racer
#12 Super-Max Super Stainless (Vidyut)
#13 Doalco ST300
#14 Jifuli Platinum Edge
#15 Gillette London Bridge (China)
#16 ASCO (Orange) by Lord

Finished the week this morning with the Lord Platinum. Had 7 shaves in 7 days, my usual. The blade performed flawlessly. I have a hard time ranking my 11 blades that I currently have as they all give me such good results.

After my 2nd rotation through my stock, this is a very tentative rating, maybe. ☺️
  1. GSB*
  2. 7 O’clock*
  3. Perma-Sharp*
  4. Lab Blue**
  5. Lord Platinum**
  6. Nacet**
* These are tied for this position.
** These are tied for this position.

Next up, Astra Superior Stainless, beginning tomorrow.

Finished the week this morning with the Lord Platinum. Had 7 shaves in 7 days, my usual. The blade performed flawlessly. I have a hard time ranking my 11 blades that I currently have as they all give me such good results.

After my 2nd rotation through my stock, this is a very tentative rating, maybe. ☺️
  1. GSB*
  2. 7 O’clock*
  3. Perma-Sharp*
  4. Lab Blue**
  5. Lord Platinum**
  6. Nacet**
* These are tied for this position.
** These are tied for this position.

Next up, Astra Superior Stainless, beginning tomorrow.
You just need to dive into the bargain bins like I have, sir. 😅

You'll have no problems finding less than optimal experiences.

The blade performed flawlessly. I have a hard time ranking my 11 blades that I currently have as they all give me such good results.

That happens! When You shave with good blades, the shaves all tend to be so good, that ranking them can be a difficult if not impossible task.

You just need to dive into the bargain bins like I have, sir. 😅

You'll have no problems finding less than optimal experiences.

Also true! While there may be a limited amount of superior blades to be had, there is no limit to the less than desirable blades on this planet.

Week 17 Ends: Blade is the Super-Max Blue Diamond Titanium Coated.

Curious to see if it is better than lasts week's shave with the Titanium?

Well, I have the answer. The answer is an unequivocal YES!

Day and night difference. Last weeks shave was not a great experience. Could feel the blade catching as it cut.

I didn't shave last Sunday, so the first shave was on Monday. With the extra day, I was very much expecting to feel the pull.

Fortunately, that proved not to be the case. The blade cut through two days of growth with far less effort than the older Titanium did for a single days growth.

This week's blade, the Blue Diamond Titanium Coated did a magnificent job the full week.

The surprise came on Tuesday (shave #2). As I pulled the KCG razor across my face, I felt nothing.

My initial reaction was that I wasn't holding the proper angle and the blade wasn't cutting. The KCG razor is not agressive and holding the proper angle is paramount to achieving a close shave.

I took another stroke, feeling nothing but the safety bar gliding across my face. But... upon closer examination, the blade was removing the tiny hairs.

Soo incredibly smooth, day and night difference from the previous week.

Interestingly, during the 48th week of the 2023 shaving adventure, I used the Super Max Blue Diamond Platinum (week of 11/26). This being the Blue Diamond Titanium, which I believe is now a discontinued blade.

For this next upcoming week, I will use the Diamond Edge bade, to compare.

I concluded my test last week with GSB,the best blade I have tried so far and by far even compared to the other Gillette blades I had tried, although I have not tried them all the Gillette blades to tell the truth.

Effectiveness the glue for me at the top of wet shaving, one of the best and sharpest blades.
The GSB is a candidate to be my favorite blade, currently for my skin I still prefer the Treet Titan my favorite of all the blades I have tried over the years.
The GSB is slightly below in my preferences, in second place; I will probably change my rating idea again in the future.
I have done three shaves with this blade and I think I could continue for another week but enough is enough I have too many blades to finish and I still have anxiety to finish them all.

Today I will start a new adventure with the Treet New Edge carbon steel blade.

Last edited:
currently for my skin I still prefer the Treet Titan my favorite of all the blades I have tried over the years.
Yesterday out of haste or perhaps because I was using a Treet New Edge I confused by writing Treet Titan instead of Dorco Titan.

I enjoyed yesterday's shave with Treet New Edge, I am finding that even these Treet called New or New Edge are very smooth and quite sharp, I will have to buy Treet Dura Sharp and the other carbon ones.

Of the Treet years ago I tried Trig and did not like it, I will try again to order with samples of all the Treet maybe even the newly released Trim and Tjax , at the moment I have only seen them in blocks of a hundred pieces.

Next week I will finally test Treet King, no shave today.

Curious to see how the Treet King works out for you? I really like this blade. I find it similar to the GSB in smoothness. So hard to beat at the super cheap prices that it has been selling for.
Yea!!! I am very curious to try my Treet King blades next week and maybe the whole month of May. :lol:
Seriously, maybe it might actually be possible.

Oddly enough the blades that I like, are my favorite Dorco Titan, GSB, Voshkod all have PTFE coating, if I'm not mistaken the Treet King also has PTFE with Teflon??

So it looks promising, I hope the high expectation for this blade is confirmed because I want to get my birthday shave using theTreet King on Sunday.

I have no fear, if they don't work out the two hundred pieces of Treet King I will put them aside, as always I will give them to my brother, friends, even my son in a few years he will start shaving if he wants to use a DE razor.

Last edited:
Yea!!! I am very curious to try my Treet King blades next week and maybe the whole month of May. :lol:
Seriously, maybe it might actually be possible.

Oddly enough the blades that I like, are my favorite Dorco Titan, GSB, Voshkod all have PTFE coating, if I'm not mistaken the Treet King also has PTFE with Teflon??

So it looks promising, I hope the high expectation for this blade is confirmed because I want to get my birthday shave using theTreet King on Sunday.
I find Treet to have the best stable of blades between them, Lord, and Durablade. Very consistent blades sold at attractive price points.

I haven't used the King a lot, but the Platinum and Dura Sharp are excellent products that I am happy to keep around. They work well for me in every razor I have tried. The 7 Day Platinum seems like a good product too - it was fine the one time I used it.

Top Bottom