#5 Shark Super Chrome
#6 Durablade Sharp Titanium
#7 Lord Racer
#8 Super-Max Super Stainless (Vidyut)
#9 Doalco ST300
#10 Jifuli Platinum Edge
#11 Gillette London Bridge (China)
#12 ASCO (Orange) by Lord

Your list (so far) does appear to support the general consensus that the real premium blades have a distinct advantage to the largely mediocre brands.

It also supports that value priced blades, like the Treet Platinum, Treet Durasharp and the Dorco ST300 can produce a good shave.

Week 14 Ends: Blade is the American made Personna, the one we refer to as the Lab Blue but is officially referred to as "Comfort Coated".

Have to say, this Personna Comfort Coated is indeed a superior blade.

As we now understand, the The Personna Lab Blue has changed its name to Accuforge. This is the replacement blade for Personna Lab Blue blades.

The term "Comfort Coated" has been replaced with "Micro Coat blade enhancement".

Are they the exact same blade, just rebranded? Don't know? Likely they are because the company Accutec has owned the US Personna brand for several years now.

img_8532-jpeg.1752633

However, it appears that the original Personna Comfort Coated branded blades in the blue box are still available online, priced around $17.

My shaves this week have been excellent, using the King C. Gillette razor exclusively for the entire week.

I did switch back to my Edge and Gillette gel from the Barbasol that I have been recently using. Though I was enjoying the Barbasol, I find that the gell does provide a greater layer of lubrication, due to its viscosity.

The Personna Lab Blue's stayed extremely sharp through the end of the week, zero pulling. They remain in my highest top tier.

One "comforting" fact. Whatever may happen in world events, we should take "comfort" with the knowledge that we can continue to have a superior DE blade still manufactured and available in the U.S.A.

As a note, AccuForge also makes a Micro Cote "Gem" style blade.

Last edited:
Your list (so far) does appear to support the general consensus that the real premium blades have a distinct advantage to the largely mediocre brands.

That is an interesting question. Razor blades are a commodity item, produced with a relatively low level of technology. What separates the top of the class blades from the middle of the pack? Is it really superior materials and manufacturing? Or more tuning your product to a wider audience (and having the knowledge/awareness/sophistication) to do so? How does marketing and brand appeal come into play?

I'm developing the awareness that I prefer comfortable and sharp blades because they give me the sensation I prefer: a quiet, smooth and efficient shave. I don't know what makes one blade better than the other in those qualities, but I can definitely discern the separation.

And there's also the undoubtedly true factors that razor and soap matters a lot, probably more so than razor blade.

Finished the week this morning with the Gillette Nacet. I was able to get 8 shaves with it as I doubled up on Tuesday. My Lambda Athena came in and I couldn’t wait until morning to give her a go. 🙄

The Nacet performed very well. However, not sure if I think it was as good as the Silver Blue or the 7 O’clock Yellow. I still would be happy enough if it was the only blade that I had available to me. Also, learning the new razor may have also contributed to my assessment.

Next up is the Gillette PermaSharp, starting tomorrow.

Have a blessed week gentlemen.

Lord Cool

I have completed 3 shaves with the Lord Cool in 6 days. 1 great shave, 1 very good one, and an OK but somewhat uncomfortable session with some light razor burn. By the third shave, I was having some difficulty getting as close of a cut as I wanted and I had to finish the job with a disposable razor.

The Cool cuts extremely well when you have a fresh edge, but seems to decline quickly. I would have to test this over an extended period with multiple tucks to know for sure but that is my observation. I have to ding it on points for longevity. It might be a great 1 and done blade and at 8 cents a blade, it's not expensive at all.

Overall, it's my top Lord so far in this year's tests.

cranewarrior’s Completely Subjective Rankings of Blades Tested in 2024

#1 Gillette Silver Blue
#2 Treet Platinum
#3 Dorco ST300
#4 Treet Dura Sharp
#5 Lord Cool
#6 Shark Super Chrome
#7 Durablade Sharp Titanium
#8 Lord Racer
#9 Super-Max Super Stainless (Vidyut)
#10 Doalco ST300
#11 Jifuli Platinum Edge
#12 Gillette London Bridge (China)
#13 ASCO (Orange) by Lord

Week 15 Ends: Blade is the Treet King (again). Wanted to compare this week's shaves against the Lab Blue's from last week.

I have to say that the King comes through again with flying colors.

This is saying a lot, after the previous week with the Lab Blue!

Amazon had been selling these blades for the tremendous price of $5.99. They just went up $2. Still this is an excellent value. This is definitely a blade that flies below the radar.

Very much like the now much higher priced Voshkod's. And similar to the Silver Blue. It is a very smooth shaving blade.

My final shave earlier today was excellent.

Finished the round with the Sharp 7 morning blade, with the afternoon shave I reached four shaves, the first to forget ,the last three acceptable.

Initially the first day I tried it I thought it was a failed razor blade or a manufacturing defect, glad to say I was wrong.
Preference and choice of razor does a lot in evaluating a blade, I promote it because it seemed comfortable and holds the edge well.

Maybe with this blade I could make it to five shaves but I'll stop here, from tomorrow I'll start again with another blade and stay in the same family of 7 am, using the Sharp stainless.
Amazon had been selling these blades for the tremendous price of $5.99. They just went up $2. Still this is an excellent value. This is definitely a blade that flies below the radar.

Very much like the now much higher priced Voshkod's. And similar to the Silver Blue. It is a very smooth shaving blade.
Treet King blades came to me too, I bought two hundred blades without even trying a sample. :laugh:
In Italy they cost slightly more, I have never seen them the pack of one hundred blades under 9€.

Does the purchase of two hundred pieces of the Treet Kings that I paid $15.9503 at the euro exchange rate look good to you?

I had been thinking about this purchase for some time and finally convinced myself to proceed because I read several favorable opinions here.

How many years have you been using them?

Does the purchase of two hundred pieces of the Treet Kings that I paid $15.9503 at the euro exchange rate look good to you?

I had been thinking about this purchase for some time and finally convinced myself to proceed because I read several favorable opinions here.
That's about the regular price for USA residents.

Have you tried Dorco Primes? I have seen multiple reviews comparing them to Voshkod blades.

Lord Cool

I have completed 3 shaves with the Lord Cool in 6 days. 1 great shave, 1 very good one, and an OK but somewhat uncomfortable session with some light razor burn. By the third shave, I was having some difficulty getting as close of a cut as I wanted and I had to finish the job with a disposable razor.

The Cool cuts extremely well when you have a fresh edge, but seems to decline quickly. I would have to test this over an extended period with multiple tucks to know for sure but that is my observation. I have to ding it on points for longevity. It might be a great 1 and done blade and at 8 cents a blade, it's not expensive at all.

Overall, it's my top Lord so far in this year's tests.

cranewarrior’s Completely Subjective Rankings of Blades Tested in 2024

#1 Gillette Silver Blue
#2 Treet Platinum
#3 Dorco ST300
#4 Treet Dura Sharp
#5 Lord Cool
#6 Shark Super Chrome
#7 Durablade Sharp Titanium
#8 Lord Racer
#9 Super-Max Super Stainless (Vidyut)
#10 Doalco ST300
#11 Jifuli Platinum Edge
#12 Gillette London Bridge (China)
#13 ASCO (Orange) by Lord
The Cool is a true sleeper.

How many years have you been using them?

I received a few in a blade exchange in last year. I had never used one before then.

When I looked them up, they were selling for $15. Months later, they began to be on sale through Amazon for under $10. I bought a few hundred.

That's about the regular price for USA residents.
Then it's the same price for European residents.
Have you tried Dorco Primes? I have seen multiple reviews comparing them to Voshkod blades.
Yes, I had tried them a few years ago it seems to me I didn't like them very much.

I should try them again.

The Dorco Titans are my current favorites.
The Cool is a true sleeper.
Sleepers? Does that mean you are no longer using them!

Top Bottom