What's new

The 2024: 1-Blade, 1-Week, *Daily Shaving Adventure

Sharp Hi Platinum (Samah Industries, Bangladesh)

I logged 4 shaves on one of these blades, so I thought I would officially rank them in my list for 2024. First, this is a smooth and quiet blade with a medium level of sharpness. Compared to the competition, the Hi Platinum is not as smooth and sharp as the Treet Platinum. And it is sharper than the Shark Super Chrome yet not as smooth. But it is pretty decent in my opinion and I am certain reasonable people can disagree about the relationship of the three and which comes on top and why.

In conclusion, this is my favorite Durablade brand blade, over the Sharp Titanium. This is usually a 9 cent blade on AMZ when bought in a 100 pack.

cranewarrior’s Completely Subjective Rankings of Blades Tested in 2024

#1 Gillette Silver Blue
#2 Treet Platinum
#3 Dorco ST300
#4 Treet Dura Sharp
#5 Lord Cool
#6 Durablade Sharp Hi Platinum
#7 Shark Super Chrome
#8 Durablade Sharp Titanium
#9 Lord Racer
#10 Super-Max Super Stainless (Vidyut)
#11 Doalco ST300
#12 Jifuli Platinum Edge
#13 Gillette London Bridge (China)
#14 ASCO (Orange) by Lord

Last edited:
My weekly shave with the Shap Stainless has ended, one week three smooth shaves every other day.
The third one today a bit defective, it did not cut all the beard well.
It probably holds the edge for two shaves, by the third one it decays with its performance and it's also a risk to use it because it doesn't cut well this is my experience this week.

It left me with some residue of beard and hair , I finished with a Gillette Wilkinson Indian Sword.
Today used with the Gentle Fatip I give it a poor sufficiency,the Sharp 7 morning is much sharper and sharper even on the first shave, the Sharp stainless smoother.

Silver Star (Sotraco/Lord)

I completed this week using mostly the Silver Star and shaved 3 times with it. The Silver Star anecdotally seems to be the most popular blade made by Lord/Sotraco of Egypt. I have no idea what the relationship is between the two companies, but the Silver Star tucks are marked as made by Sotraco.

This is a smooth blade, perhaps not as plush feeling to me as the Shark Super Chrome, but it is considerably stronger on edge. Less sharp than the Lord Cool but definitely smoother. It is like Lord takes a blade and has many minor adjustments and then sells them under separate names. Like Coke Classic, Cherry Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, etc.

I generally like the Silver Star and rank it just under the Lord Cool, which is a better blade for me in the razors I tested. I generally value smoothness and comfort higher than sharpness, but the Cool was close enough to the Silver Star in those categories, so I will take the better performance.

#1 Gillette Silver Blue
#2 Treet Platinum
#3 Dorco ST300
#4 Treet Dura Sharp
#5 Lord Cool
#6 Lord Silver Star
#7 Durablade Sharp Hi Platinum
#8 Shark Super Chrome
#9 Durablade Sharp Titanium
#10 Lord Racer
#11 Super-Max Super Stainless (Vidyut)
#12 Doalco ST300
#13 Jifuli Platinum Edge
#14 Gillette London Bridge (China)
#15 ASCO (Orange) by Lord

Week 16 Ends: Blade is the Super-Max Titanium. This will be my first outing with the Titanium. I acquired it in a blade exchange.

Not overly impressed. Had a lot of blade feel from shave #1. Kind of old school.

Had to say that it did give me a decent close shave for the entire week.

Thought that maybe it might be good for some more shaves.

That was disproved by the burning sensation after applying my after shave. I do not normally experience any burning sensation after applying aftershave (Aqua Velva).

Which brings me to conclude that there is micro-fracturers occurring along the edge.

Would not use this blade again.

King C Gillette (China)

3.5 shaves completed in 6 days in 3 different razors (Muhle R89, Gillette Tech, Yaqi Mellon). All shaves were superior ones with close cuts and enormous smoothness and comfort. No cuts, weepers. No aftershave burning.

These razor blades come in mostly plain packaging (I bought off AMZ for $16/100), prompting some members to be concerned about counterfeits. I think they are the real deal given their tremendous performance for me. This is a top, top blade for me, and I am happy the KCG seems to have made a successful transition to production in China. No need to worry about losing access to these blades any time soon.

#1 Gillette Silver Blue
#2 King C Gillette (China)
#3 Treet Platinum
#4 Dorco ST300
#5 Treet Dura Sharp
#6 Lord Cool
#7 Lord Silver Star
#8 Durablade Sharp Hi Platinum
#9 Shark Super Chrome
#10 Durablade Sharp Titanium
#11 Lord Racer