What's new

Take A Deep Breath & Then Walk Into The Fire

Just a quick update on her progress. The treatment is really starting to shrink the tumors. The last few days have been a nightmare for my Mom. She has been down pretty hard. I am positive that is just a sign it is working that much better. She has one more treatment on the current protocol then the treatment changes and we will start round two, a whole new treatment.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Just a quick update on her progress. The treatment is really starting to shrink the tumors. The last few days have been a nightmare for my Mom. She has been down pretty hard. I am positive that is just a sign it is working that much better. She has one more treatment on the current protocol then the treatment changes and we will start round two, a whole new treatment.

Prayers continue!

Wendy.... speaking as one who has traveled the same road of chemo etc, This too shall pass... Great news.... just be there for her... and pass all our best wishes

Good news, Wendy. Hard to endure, I know, but sounds like the chemo is doing just what it would be hoped, and unfortunately expected, to do.

Last edited:
I cannot believe I missed this. Sue, you are in my prayers. My grandmother is a cancer survivor. I know you will be one too!

Update on Mom. The chemo has really beat her down the last few days. Over the last 26 hours she has spiraled downhill fast. Fever, aches, pain, the list goes on. She got so weak last night with high fever the Oncologist required Er immediate admitting. After several painful blood draws (bad sticks) and chest x-rays it appears she has infection and possibly Pneumonia again. They gave her two different IV antibiotics, narcotics, and tranquilizers to help her sleep and take away some of her pain. Please keep her in your prayers. I am off to bed for an hour or two before the kids get up.
Wendy

Top Bottom