What's new

Sunglasses

I wear these Maui Jims with prescription lenses.

proxy.php

I have a pair of Versace Aviators that I've had for a long time, but I'd really to get these:

Oliver Peoples Victory: Goldframe Cognac Lenses

Oakley Halfwire 2.0 HD Polarized

These ones are about 6 months old

Before those I had a pair of half-jackets for about 6 years... and they are now my backup pair (Fire Orange lenses)

Great sunglasses, great quality.

Ray Ban aviators for most days
Costa polarized for fishing
Anarchy tortoise shell for running/riding
:)

I'm somewhat of an eyeglasses snob and won't wear anything mass produced or made by Luxottica, so no Persols, no Oliver Peoples, certainly no Maui Jims (the name alone, yikes, couldn't say it with a straight face--sort of like Tommy Bahama). Rules are made to be broken however, and I wear Wayfarers, got my first pair at age 12 when they were still made by Bausch & Lomb (5022s) and have worn them ever since. I have detoured at times into Rayban Baloramas, and even Oliver Peoples back when they were still an independent company.

I so, so wish that the current incarnation of Wayfarers would not have the whole name on the temples, and go back to just the flattened diamond-shaped visible bolt thingy.

It's all about the lenses and environment:

Oakley Half Jacket and M Frame - G30 for golf and overcast days, different iridiums for varying light conditions
Ray Ban G15 lens brighten things up on overcast days
Maui Jim grey neutral glass has the best polarization and clarity - great for bright and snowy days

Curious about Serengetis for driving glasses

I'd love to try standard issue and I've thought of applying to see if I can get stuff from them but I'm unsure if they'd count a government social worker as qualifying.

Currently I have a really nice pair of splinters in brown (had them for over 2 years now):

proxy.php

I've gotten numerous oakleys for the wifey at 6pm and Oakley Vault, often for $50 or so. Last year I picked up 3 pairs of crosshairs for her in all the colors for $55 a piece, versus the $150 that they normally were.

I really want to pick up a pair of nice full lensed Radars but haven't found the right price for em yet :blush:

They are hard to find and expensive, but I think ic! berlin and Mykita make the best sunglasses for general use. The frames are made out of titanium, with no screws, so they are virtually impossible to break. I used to break my glasses all the time by accidentially sitting on them or otherwise crushing them.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Have had many types and styles over the years and IMHO feel that the Ray-Ban glass lenses are the best quality for the money.

Anything Rayban with the brown tint lenses . Had some Maui Jim and the glass was great but the frames was ##%%^#! .

First pair of "good" sunglasses I bought last spring. Maui Jims. I was mostly concerned about lenses for driving, and they haven't failed me. I think I could stare into the sun with these things. My only complaint is I've had difficulty finding a sweet spot between "red marks on nose after wearing" and "sliding down face". My oily complexion and the weight of these don't help.

proxy.php

No kidding. I promote the crap out of them and still watch idiots pay double at the px

+1 all you need is a military ID card and you are in. I don't know why these fools can't spend two minutes to apply to save tons of money. Standard issue is a very cool program.

Top Bottom