What's new

Sunglasses

My first "expensive" pair of sunglasses was/still is a pair of Columbia Booth-Bay Sports. Three years later and they are still awesome!

3 pairs of Maui Jim sunglasses! They are the best!

Do you know how they are about repairs? I snapped the bridge piece and just cannot throw them out. My husband is always complaining that I throw stuff away too much just so I can buy new, I swear I will prove him wrong this time.

Costa Del Mar for work and Persol for everything else. I got my Persols a year ago and its the best thing I ever did!

Do you know how they are about repairs? I snapped the bridge piece and just cannot throw them out. My husband is always complaining that I throw stuff away too much just so I can buy new, I swear I will prove him wrong this time.

Here is what i found on there site. I had to send mine in to get the lenses replaced. They were real easy to deal with. They fixed them pretty quickly also.

Repairs
We know you love your Maui Jims. That's why we're committed to timely, quality repairs. Whether your sunglasses require a quick fix or a major overhaul, our repair centers offer fast turnaround, low-cost repairs and warranty service.

To expedite your repair:

1.Print and include the return form found on the repairs page with your sunglasses.
2.Include proof of purchase. If you can't locate yours, please note where and when you purchased your sunglasses.
3.Tell us your story. Please add a note describing how your sunglasses broke.
4.Provide your contact information: name, address, phone number, and an email address in case we need to reach you.
5.Send your sunglasses securely packaged, from a carrier such as UPS, FedEx, or USPS (registered and insured) that allows shipment tracking. Maui Jim is not responsible for lost or damaged items in transit.
6.PRESCRIPTION SUNGLASSES: Sunglasses with damaged prescription lenses should be returned to their place of purchase. Rx lenses cannot be replaced or remade through Maui Jim directly. However, if your prescription sunglass frames require repair, simply follow the instructions above and clearly mark "Rx REPAIR" on the outside of your package.

Here is the web address for the repair form you have to fill out.

http://www.mauijim.com/webapp/wcs/s...001&catalogId=11601&langId=-1&form=USAREPAIRS

Vintage Terri Brogan 8676 & Tom Ford Pablo for the weekends

proxy.php

proxy.php

Polarized Tom Ford Connor for anything formal

proxy.php

I've tried Ray Ban (own a pair of RB3025 for the beach) and like them also, also tried their P3 plus line looked exactly like polarized to me. I am looking to buy a pair of Oliver Peoples DJ Ru when that is released and I've always wanted the "Airman" (Tom Fords copy felt cheap to me) Persol looked too mature for me. As far as quality and durability, Ray Ban takes that all the way

Wayfarers? Seriously? Don't get me wrong, I loved Wayfarers... in the late 80's.

Persols are well made and reasonably fashionable.

Maui Jims are very stylish and light enough to play golf with them on (I don't play golf) but their build quality is not the best, and therefore are ultimately overpriced.

Right now I am wearing Oakley Whiskers.

Wayfarers are timeless if you have the right face for it. My face is too slim for em. Maui Jims are great glasses for the sea. I belive there polarization is far superior to Oakley. I love my Oakleys but only for evening outings. I prefer my Maui's for work.

I, too, only wear the cheap sunglasses, but for different reasons. I am a little guy at 5'3" and these are the only sunglasses that seem to fit my face. I have tried on so many different brands and models of sunglasses and none seem to not be far too large for me. I don't mind paying for quality, but the cheap glasses are the only ones that are small enough not to make me look stupid.

I wear sunglasses constantly - I must be the missing link as they sit on my brow easily when i'm not wearing them on my eyes. I'll have them on my head in one way shape or form for about 10 hours a day.

I've been through a lot of them most, tend to meet an untimely death...
To give you a bit of an idea...

Ray Ban RB3211 x2
1 Set flew off my head while driving down the hume highway, i saw them go right under the car behind me in the mirror.
The other set fell into the fan of a forklift i was working on in Anaheim.
I loved both sets, but i kept breaking them, so i decided to leave them alone for a while.

A Pair of Spy Optics which i loved as they were awesome for work - Fell off my head and under the wheels of a forklift i was working on in Port Kembla.

Arnette Ravens - Best glasses i ever had, were broken by a cricket ball.
Plus a few other pairs of Arnettes which kept being murdered.

Currently running a pair of Oakley Antix which i bought when my last pair of RB's died - i didn't like they way they sat afetr long periods of time, but they have worn in quite well.

I picked them up in the US for about half the price they are over here which was good..

Also a pair of cheap knock off's of the RB's as they're a little dressier than the Oaks

I, too, only wear the cheap sunglasses, but for different reasons. I am a little guy at 5'3" and these are the only sunglasses that seem to fit my face. I have tried on so many different brands and models of sunglasses and none seem to not be far too large for me. I don't mind paying for quality, but the cheap glasses are the only ones that are small enough not to make me look stupid.

Check our Randolph Engineering, my glasses pictured above (Draper photo), although they have many different styles. The offer a range of different sizes and system for measuring to ensure you get a good fit. I now, for the first time have glasses that fit perfectly. They come with a lifetime guarantee on the soldered joints, so I don't sweat breaking them.

+ 100% Made in the USA! Who else can still say that??

Check our Randolph Engineering, my glasses pictured above (Draper photo), although they have many different styles. The offer a range of different sizes and system for measuring to ensure you get a good fit. I now, for the first time have glasses that fit perfectly. They come with a lifetime guarantee on the soldered joints, so I don't sweat breaking them.

+ 100% Made in the USA! Who else can still say that??

Thanks for the advice. I'll look into those.

I wear $5 Aviators from Wal*Mart. I like em. And if I break them, then it's $5. So, worth it, I'd say! :)
But I can't bring myself to spend a lot on sunglasses unless i REALLY REALLY like them.

I wear $5 Aviators from Wal*Mart. I like em. And if I break them, then it's $5. So, worth it, I'd say! :)
But I can't bring myself to spend a lot on sunglasses unless i REALLY REALLY like them.

I used to think like this too and it's fine. But once you get a nicer pair of shades, man it's a world of difference. I'll put it this way; the Randolphs are $100, they are far better than 20x (more like 100x) better than the cheapest glasses I've owned, you can feel the quality.

It's kind of like you're saying "If I drop my Mach3 razor and break it, it's $5"...

I would much rather risk dropping my TI.

I wear either an Anarchy Dispatch
proxy.php

Or an Anarchy Kronos
proxy.php

I have the dispatch in black with black polarized lenses, and black with rose lenses. I use these as my everyday sunglasses and as my woodworking eye protection. Rose lenses for night/indoor sawdust making.

The Kronos are what I use on my motorcycle, because the frames sit nicely in my eye sockets, and the outer edges clear the cheek pads of my shoei. I have blue frames with black polarized lenses for general use, and black with yellow lenses for night riding.

I used to think like this too and it's fine. But once you get a nicer pair of shades, man it's a world of difference. I'll put it this way; the Randolphs are $100, they are far better than 20x (more like 100x) better than the cheapest glasses I've owned, you can feel the quality.

It's kind of like you're saying "If I drop my Mach3 razor and break it, it's $5"...

I would much rather risk dropping my TI.

Yeah, I hear ya. It's up there with shoes and stuff. It's hard for me to spend a lot of money on anything unless I really love it and even then.

Pretty solid analogy too. :001_smile

Top Bottom