What's new

Stretch Your Skin - How?

When I discovered skin stretching, my shaves became more efficient and precise.
I am not really stretching that much, it is a subtle stabilizing placement of my fingers that helps to expose and keep my skin firm. I use a lot of short , no pressure slide strokes and I would call it a skin stabilizing technique more-so than stretching.

Some additional suggestions that work for me:
1. I fill my cheeks with air (‘bull frogging’).
2. I raise my chin to get better access to my jaw line.
3. I use my ’free hand’ to pull on my neck (below my lather).

Hope some of these ideas help!

I may add, I find stretching very helpful not just to flatten trouble areas, my whiskers grow almost parallel to my skin so the stretching helps by lifting them and getting closer on the first pass thus eliminating the need for extra passes/ buffing at the end.

I may add, I find stretching very helpful not just to flatten trouble areas, my whiskers grow almost parallel to my skin so the stretching helps by lifting them and getting closer on the first pass thus eliminating the need for extra passes/ buffing at the end.
Totally agree.
I find the buffing to be the single most relevant reason for razor burn on my sensitive skin. Stretching avoids that.

I respectfully challenge the accuracy of the premise. I don't think it's necessary to stretch your skin to shave over one's jaw line. It may help, however, to have a slick lather, a sharp blade, and to use light pressure.
I respectfully challenge your respectful challenge. If I didn't stretch my 81-year-old skin, I would be shaving off more than whiskers! :bored:

On every video I've seen, in every discussion I've read, stretching of the skin is suggested to get around the jaw line.

How exactly does one do that, when you have slick lather and slippery fingers???
Wet your fingers and dab an alum block, immediate grip :)

Top Bottom