What's new

Southern Witch & Wizards' Guild

Noice! My last bit of Gothorum Tonstrina is still holding on.

(Love the Athena too, I'm hoping to get a SS one soon! :w00t:)
Yeah the Athena is great too, super smooth! Still getting the hang of it, I think the weight is the only negative for me.

Athena SS sounds amazing as well!!

I checked my Canadian distributor; Top of the chain, they're only listing GraveFruit, Druantia, and Incorporeal. All are sold out. I still have some Samhain and Boonana left so I should be good for awhile.
Had the same experience with fougere nemeta I could never grab one and a few months later they removed it from their site, I guess they thin out the herd once in a while

Had the same experience with fougere nemeta I could never grab one and a few months later they removed it from their site, I guess they thin out the herd once in a while
Yes they do. It would be nice to see some of them make another appearance. If I ever see Fougere Nemeta available I will definitely buy it.

Witchcraft Wednesday

IMG_7049.jpg

Do you load from the tub or do you scoop some out? I typically scoop and load in a bowl although I'm considering just loading from the tub.
Not the person you asked but figured I could provide some input. I load from the tub. I'll only scoop when the soap runs low enough that it's difficult to really load from the container.

My tub of Boonana is showing the ring of doom and is almost to that point

Do you load from the tub or do you scoop some out? I typically scoop and load in a bowl although I'm considering just loading from the tub.
I load from the tub with all my soaps. Never really got the hang of scooping, either with how much soap to use or how to hydrate it, but then again I never really tried other than when using samples. I just about burned through that tub last spring/summer and I guess I kind of forgot about it. I recall that towards the end it was getting kind of soggy which is probably why I set it aside.

Thanks guys. Like @T Bone , any samples I've sent were from tubs that are basically untouched. I asked Stephen Joiner (co-owner) on his approach and he loads from the tub as well. He cautioned that more product is wasted that way. Finally he suggested leaving the lid off to give the soap an opportunity to dry.

I asked Stephen Joiner (co-owner) on his approach and he loads from the tub as well. He cautioned that more product is wasted that way.
I imagine the difference between scooping and loading from the container would only be saving you pennies per shave. Load whichever way gives you the best results. Soap is cheap, no sense in skimping out and risking a bad shave

This morning's head shave wasn't as close as I like so I had the opportunity this afternoon to revisit. A two pass head shave was just fantastic!

Date Wednesday May 15, 2024
Brush Zenith B17
Lather Southern Witchcrafts Necromantic
Razor Henson +
Blade Crystal Israeli

IMG_7054.jpg

Pulled out the Desairology this morning. Smooshed the chunks together enough to still load from the tub. Scent is still as strong as a year ago. Performance was pretty good although it's maybe a touch less slick than I have gotten used to lately. But the postshave feel is off the charts as always. Their soaps really get along with my skin.
20240516_063912.jpg

One of my favorites, if not my favorite. My wife was lukewarm to it when I had a sample but I think I’m going to get a tub anyway! :w00t:
I recall being kind of lukewarm at first and then it really grew on me. I probably used it 5 or 6 days a week after that, which was unusual for me at the time.

Top Bottom