What's new

💈 🪒 💈 🪒 SOTD "Samples and Travel/Trial Sized Shaving Items WEEK" October 16th - 22nd, 2023 💈 🪒 💈 🪒

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_8039.jpeg

1) United Kingdom: Brush Hawkins and Brimble Synthetic Brush.
2) Germany: Shaving Soap Tallow Tabac.
3) England: Razor Gillette Goodwill.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Gillette 7 O’clock Yellow.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Australia: Aftershave Balm The Stray Whisker After Balm.
7) USA: EDT Vera Wang For Men.

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Morris & Forndran 2XL Finwar
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Henson Ti**
Blade
Kai
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Duke Cannon ASP
Fragrance
Beverly Hills Polo Club
Rating
10/10
Comments
Sunday’s shave is always special for me. Today I am using the Henson Ti with the Kai blade for the 7th consecutive day. I don’t normally get that many shaves from a blade. I may have to revisit the Kai blade. Today’s brush is the Morris & Forndran 2XL in Finest. Another excellent badger brush. I am continuing my journey with MdC soap: this is the 261st shave with it. A nice BBS shave. Have a good day and week, folks.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday SE Shave, October 22nd 2023

Razor : 1st Generation Gem Open comb 1912, the real McCoy- Mfg 1912-17 OC version, mild to tame mid range. Well built to last with some care, this was the corner stone for the Gem manufacturing company(ASR) that became a large producer of fine shaving products with many other brands added later to become ASR corporation umbrella of Mfg companies that are still using same trade marks 110 +years later (Personna & Treet). Gem went to a 1912 closed comb version in around 1918 to the 1940's & that was a improvement for smoothness and strength and a huge success in the razor world.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (2) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable and safest blade to handle.
Soap : Razorock American barber, different linear scent(cologne like) but is appealing, texture is slightly drier than their other soaps but the results are excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Red Zebra" 26mm snow leopard synthetic knot. Excellent lather generator, heavenly luxury cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. One of my favorite brushes because of knot and handle combination sizes.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock American barber splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)3 template 9.5.1.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Gem 1912 OC with a coated Gem blade. Cheeks BBS and neck area DFS+.
SOTD October 22 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Sunday
Preshave: Hims High Tide Hydrating Cleanser /Cremo Coconut-Mango Shave Cream
Razor: Yaqi Romulus
Blade: Kai Captain Mild Protouch MG
Brush: Thater LE 5
Soap: C.O. Bigelow Premium Shave Cream
Aftershave: Thayer’s Rose Petal Witch Hazel /Alum
Balm: Nancy Boy Replenishing After-Shave Gel

SOTD OCTOBER 22nd
OCTOBER 2023 GRUME
TABACTOBER 2023
OCtober 2023

Hello friends

I've been lazy these days. But today, I woke up ready to face my 6-day beard. I went straight to R41 and Feather (1). With Tabac (tallow) and Semogue SOC Mistura I had a perfect shave. A BBS deeper than this, might be impossible…

With us on this fantastic journey, the splendid Charlie Rouse.

Rating: 10

Have a nice Sunday and great shaves.
❤️🪒

748AEE45-874C-41A9-94FA-DE5F45436537.jpeg
IMG_2598.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom