What's new

Soap Acquisition Thread

Cheers for the offer bro,but I have them saved in my "Slickboys" basket,so I'll probably just order them,thanks anyway,it's appreciated👍...p.s.,I'm normally over in Ulster,sometimes 4 or 5 times a year😉

That's no problem at all! I understand! Well if you change your mind just let me know as it's no bother! I am going to order some sample pots anyways as they would be handy to have laying around in case anyone needs a sample of any of my soaps.

I'm kinda like that too.. I don't really get many samples and I just prefer blind buys as it's sort of more fun. Any time I buy a sample I rarely if ever buy the full product unless I absolutely love it because the mystique/surprise element of the scent is gone after I've tried the sample. I know getting samples first is the wise thing to do, so you don't end up with sets you don't like, but blind buying is more exciting for sure. 😆

Anyways, I would be surprised if you hated the soap.. it's a quite safe offering IMO. There's nothing super divisive in it.. it's a nice pleasant sweet vanilla-ish fragrance. Unless you specifically dislike such scents I think odds are you would like it. Performance is great too.

By the way, have you tried any other Ariana & Evans soaps? Or is their any you would recommend? This one has sparked my interest.. I think I'm going to try some more of their offerings! Specifically the vegan ones because while I've no issue with beef tallow, from what I gather some of their soaps (possibly the popular K2E base) contain manteca, fat of porcine origin. I don't use any pig derived products.

I've heard their original vegan soap base (VR1) was very well received also. I'm thinking I'll pick up some of the VR1 releases next.. I see there are a few that look interesting to me.

That's no problem at all! I understand! Well if you change your mind just let me know as it's no bother! I am going to order some sample pots anyways as they would be handy to have laying around in case anyone needs a sample of any of my soaps.

I'm kinda like that too.. I don't really get many samples and I just prefer blind buys as it's sort of more fun. Any time I buy a sample I rarely if ever buy the full product unless I absolutely love it because the mystique/surprise element of the scent is gone after I've tried the sample. I know getting samples first is the wise thing to do, so you don't end up with sets you don't like, but blind buying is more exciting for sure. 😆

Anyways, I would be surprised if you hated the soap.. it's a quite safe offering IMO. There's nothing super divisive in it.. it's a nice pleasant sweet vanilla-ish fragrance. Unless you specifically dislike such scents I think odds are you would like it. Performance is great too.

By the way, have you tried any other Ariana & Evans soaps? Or is their any you would recommend? This one has sparked my interest.. I think I'm going to try some more of their offerings! Specifically the vegan ones because while I've no issue with beef tallow, from what I gather some of their soaps (possibly the popular K2E base) contain manteca, fat of porcine origin. I don't use any pig derived products.

I've heard their original vegan soap base (VR1) was very well received also. I'm thinking I'll pick up some of the VR1 releases next.. I see there are a few that look interesting to me.
I have a few A&E,not many (if any)vegan though,I would have to look😆

Decided to branch out and try something new.

View attachment 1738913

What do you think of this one, dear Sir?

I had seen it for sale on a store I use and was curious about i t. The label style and font drawn me immediately. Such a lovely "old school" style label.. like something one might see in an old 1930s movie or classic animation credits or something like that.

The scent profile sounds quite pleasant also! I believe it was mostly amber, tonka and oud.. the scent profile makes me think it sounds somewhat similar to a fragrance I purchased recently "Lurch & Fester"

I am not familiar with the brand however "Moon Soaps". I've no seen many people mention them on here much. I wonder what it is like performance wise. 🤔 I would love to hear your thoughts on it if you have tried it yet.

Best wishes,

Let us know what you think,I have the soap and splash saved in my basket🤔

I some forgot to add! I get quite a bit of tobacco leaf note from it also.. similar tobacco note to Burberry London, Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, Back to Black by Kilian or Thierry Mugler Pure Havane. That kind of sweet-ish, cherry-ish pipe tobacco leaf. It's strange the tobacco seems far more apparent on my second use which was tonight.. interesting how we perceive fragrances differently at different times. Just wanted to give a heads up on everything I get from it in case there's some note in it that you dislike!

IMG_2216.jpeg
IMG_2217.jpeg

Today’s mail call from Pasteur’s. Know some people speak highly of this so I thought I’d give it a try

What do you think of this one, dear Sir?
Can't tell you yet, but I'll be shaving with it later this week and I'll report back. Some of the scent ingredients intrigue me and, based on the ingredient list, I'm expecting it to be a relatively hard soap. Guess we'll see.

I am not familiar with the brand however "Moon Soaps". I've not seen many people mention them on here much.
It's absolutely a blind-buy, but... Therein lies the fun!

I'll try it in the next shaves, I really like the scent
You know, in Italy bergamot is widely used, nice scent, compliments to the manufacturer
Speaking of Italian soaps, have you ever tried Mastro Miche pre shave soap or his regular shaving soaps? I think I am getting a couple on Friday. Scent descriptions sounds good.

Thanks,

Guido

Speaking of Italian soaps, have you ever tried Mastro Miche pre shave soap or his regular shaving soaps? I think I am getting a couple on Friday. Scent descriptions sounds good.

Thanks,

Guido
Yes, the scents are good, some are unusual
On the mechanics there is better but they work, they are produced by TFS Torino for Mastro Miche
Any opinion or advice on Italian products is available 👍

Top Bottom