What's new

Show me your "Black" Rifle

Nice FAL, and Garand. I built an FAL L1A1 inch pattern, from a parts kit, back around 1993-1994. It is ridiculously accurate, with a scope.

Nice FAL, and Garand. I built an FAL L1A1 inch pattern, from a parts kit, back around 1993-1994. It is ridiculously accurate, with a scope.

Thanks!

They're sweet shooters too, recoil is not a big issue if you've got it set right. ;)

Had an L1-A1 many years back, sold it in a fit of madness. Bought this one right before everything went through the roof price wise a couple of years back.

FINALLY found some decent priced milsurp Swedish ammo for it and stocked up for hard times that I hope never come.

Turtle - out of all the forums I see - you are the ultimate cool guy when it comes to one of a kind firearms.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Almost done. The gas block I want is on backorder and the only Allen key I need to pull the scope from my other rifle is missing.

But, this is pretty much how it's gonna look!

My first build and first AR-15: still a work in progress as funds allow.

Palmetto State Armory blemished upper and lower receiver (I am hard-pressed to find the blemish) $85 total
PSA MOE mil-spec lower parts kit (includes MOE grip, trigger guard) $59
PSA forward assist and dust cover assemblies $15

Looking for a good-priced melonite finish M4 barrel with A2 gas block front sight (probably from DSA)

Considering putting Magpul's MOE SL stock, handguard and possibly the grip as well. I really like how the MOE grip feels.

Nice to have PSA within an hour's drive. Gotta love the "wall of AR parts".

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Nice start! I just picked up another stripped upper receiver to start another build. Gonna go with a lightweight 223 Wylde upper with red dot sight for plinking and some varmint hunting.

Also realized I never posted a pic of my rifle all finished up! So here is my MSR...

proxy.php

Is that AR a SBR? I Like the way it looks.

I should have posted specs:

Upper:
BCM A4 Style Upper
BCM 14.5" Barrel
BCM LoPro GB
Troy Medieval Brake
BCM Gunfighter Charging Handle
LMT BCG with improved extractor
Centurion C4 Rail (can't remember the length exactly)
EoTech 553.A65
Magpul MBUS
Magpul AFG1

Lower:
LMT Defender 2000
LMT 2-stage trigger
LMT Milspec Buffer
Spikes Tactical Buffer
Magpul MOE Milspec Stock
Magpul Ambi Sling Mount
Magpul Grip

I think that covers it. Looks like an SBR because the rail is longer.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
So how does she shoot? I was going to accurize my 10/22, but I might just build another upper like yours!

So how does she shoot? I was going to accurize my 10/22, but I might just build another upper like yours!

Shamefully, I don't know yet. Life, work, etc have all gotten in the way. But, I pulled out all the tricks I know for accurizing an AR15 when building this. Bedded barrel extension, faced/trued upper receiver, free float, bedded GB, stiff barrel, trigger, receiver fitment, headspace (I finish reamed the barrel myself), so by all accounts I have no clue if it will even work :lol:

$image.jpg

I've always thought weapons of a military design should be straightforward
This S&W exemplifies that philosophy.

Top Bottom