What's new

Show me your "Black" Rifle

Here's my black rifle. Nothing fancy, just a Bushmaster XM15-ES2 with fixed handle (I shoulda gotten removable) and aftermarket collapsible stock. Thank goodness the silly assault weapons ban has not been renewed in the last 10 years.

$IMG_0445[1].jpg

What is it?

AR-15. SAA lower receiver, PSA upper receiver and FN barrel (16" chome moly, mid length gas tube, 1 in 7 twist). Midwest Industries hand-guard. Troy sights. Magpul stock, grip, and fore grip.

The camo pattern is Cerakote. The barrel and furniture have Duracoat. Oh - and I put an ALG Defense ACT trigger on it.

I now have an Aimpoint PRO on it and folding rear sight. Still - just an AR-15.

$DSC_0011.jpg

AR-15. SAA lower receiver, PSA upper receiver and FN barrel (16" chome moly, mid length gas tube, 1 in 7 twist). Midwest Industries hand-guard. Troy sights. Magpul stock, grip, and fore grip.

The camo pattern is Cerakote. The barrel and furniture have Duracoat. Oh - and I put an ALG Defense ACT trigger on it.

I now have an Aimpoint PRO on it and folding rear sight. Still - just an AR-15.

View attachment 537828

That explains why you love the rifle.

I received a de-Mil'ed FN FAL kit from my wife, 20 years ago for Xmas. My father noticed it sitting in a pile in one of my "shooting gear" boxes, last year. He offered to buy the upper and have it put together. It should be in my possession in a week or two, I hope!

proxy.php

This is my latest build, it's a .277 Wolverine (.270 bullets in a necked-up .223/5.56 case). I've got the AAC 762SD suppressor on it, the cartridge is designed to be able to run supersonic or subsonic ammunition without adjusting anything. It works pretty sweet with 150-gr soft points and for hunting I use 90-gr Gold Dots or 95-gr Barnes TTSX.

$wlv_desktop.jpg

Attachments

• $wlv_desktop.jpg
    $wlv_desktop.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 49
Top Bottom