What's new

Safety Razor Case Restore

Inspired by another thread, I thought I’d try restoring the inside of one of my Ever Ready cases. Still more to do, but so far I’ve done this:

Before
IMG_6416.jpeg

After
IMG_6431.jpeg

Still waiting on some additional materials to arrive before I complete this project.

Attachments

• IMG_6431.jpeg
    IMG_6431.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Inspired by another thread, I thought I’d try restoring the inside of one of my Ever Ready cases. Still more to do, but so far I’ve done this:

Before
View attachment 1810265

After
View attachment 1810267

Still waiting on some additional materials to arrive before I complete this project.
Beautiful job!!! Couldn't decide on my response emoji -- Wow or Love -- had to go with the Love, that is awesome!

Here’s the finished product:

View attachment 1814155

And with a razor
View attachment 1814156

I’m pretty happy with the results considering that this is my first attempt.

Next I’m going to try a complete inside and out restoration with a partial rebuild of the wood box and a complete wrap of the exterior.
I'd be happy with those results :D it looks so much nicer.
hmmm full outer wrap?? I think I LACK the tolerance level to do that :D

hmmm full outer wrap?? I think I LACK the tolerance level to do that :D
Well, the box I’m considering is pretty trashed, so it couldn’t get much worse. I’m watching several videos of a paper crafts/ book binding pro who teaches how to wrap and line boxes. Looks easy, but I know better…

Seems a bit daunting, but nothing ventured, nothing gained - as the saying goes.

Well, the box I’m considering is pretty trashed, so it couldn’t get much worse. I’m watching several videos of a paper crafts/ book binding pro who teaches how to wrap and line boxes. Looks easy, but I know better…

Seems a bit daunting, but nothing ventured, nothing gained - as the saying goes.
Uhuh uhuh ... Cases of ill repute, I can't throw them out, I can't make myself fix them, lack the enthusiasm, but one day when I'm old, like in 50 years time, I'll have a treasure chest of jobs to finish :D that are worth a bleedin Mint 💰 🤑
1-IMG_2137132_8675309~2.jpg

Note the use of GENUINE real latex clamps :w00t:

and it ended up .. filed under later ron, much later ron, like 50 years :D

1-IMG_21370230_875309~2.jpg

only reason it got this far was the leather snap closure was intact or it would have been filed earlier than it was :D

Uhuh uhuh ... Cases of ill repute, I can't throw them out, I can't make myself fix them, lack the enthusiasm, but one day when I'm old, like in 50 years time, I'll have a treasure chest of jobs to finish :D that are worth a bleedin Mint 💰 🤑 View attachment 1814208

Note the use of GENUINE real latex clamps :w00t:

and it ended up .. filed under later ron, much later ron, like 50 years :D

View attachment 1814209

only reason it got this far was the leather snap closure was intact or it would have been filed earlier than it was :D
Yeah, mine is not quite that far gone, but one of the sides is detached and alot of the black paper “faux” leather is gone. I’ll have to rebuild the finger joints and reglue the top of the lid. I’m not quite ready to dive in, but soon. It is kind of interesting to learn how these were built by taking them apart. They are rather cheaply made, but probably better than anything that would be mass produced today. I can imagine several workers at benches slapping them together a hundred or more a day.

Before
View attachment 1810265

After
View attachment 1810267

Yesterday I just purchased a Shovel head with that case. It does not look as good as your pre restored. Good for you. Sounds like you have talent.

Top Bottom