What's new

Rudy Vey Custom Shaving Brushes and Restorations

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I finally came up with a name for my 2014 B&B LE brush. It is one of my own designs, and earlier versions I made had a different name for it (Thanks Jim and Brian), but now after seeing it so many times in all the pictures posted, I think I give this shape the following name:

BamBoo

See the B&B in the name!!

The first Disco [emoji3] what a brush! Thanks Rudy!
$collage_20140731114724908.jpg

Last edited:

Rudy Vey

Some information on the resin rods I use:
the rods with the pearlescent effect (like the ones shown in the picture: pink, dark purple, sea blue and the white as well as the Dark Knight material) may show some tiny voids, or dimples. This comes from the pearl-effect material that is used in the production. Small air-bubbles can be trapped when adding the pearl-effect powder to the resin mixture. Later they can show up as minute voids, this cannot be avoided.

Rudy Vey

Rudy is this design going to be available at request for customs or saved as a LE type.

Yes, it is available for custom brushes. The B&B LE brush was a special run, it is engraved with the B&B Badger Head, "2014 LE", my logo and it was a limited run of 50 brushes only.
If you wanted a brush in this design, let me know and we can get one made for you - but, it will only show my logo!! It is quite amazing how good this brush fits in the hand, very ergonomic.

I finally came up with a name for my 2014 B&B LE brush. It is one of my own designs, and earlier versions I made had a different name for it (Thanks Jim and Brian), but now after seeing it so many times in all the pictures posted, I think I give this shape the following name:

BamBoo

See the B&B in the name!!

I see what you did there! Good name sir

Rudy Vey

Very nice handle...is that the only color that it comes in?

This is a specially made B&B LE 2014 brush handle. There were only 50 made. The process is shown in the contributors forum, the handles were all drilled out after the turning, then filled with clear resin to make it translucent.
However, I can make the shape in any resin you may want - see a post a page or two up where I show what I have on hand.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Not to be elitist, but I'm hoping you won't make any more in the same stock pattern. Any other color or pattern, fine, but not our LE stock. Guess that was just a bit elitist

Not to be elitist, but I'm hoping you won't make any more in the same stock pattern. Any other color or pattern, fine, but not our LE stock. Guess that was just a bit elitist

I'm not a contributor, and I'd have to agree with that. That particular handle was made as a "thank you", of sorts, for folks who contributed to B&B. Now, if someone wanted a BamBoo in Moonjava or something I would think that would be OK, but not a replication of the B&B LE.

Ultimately, I guess its up to Rudy as he's the one making the brushes, and I think it was his design. But I don't think its elitist to want to keep an LE an LE.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Someone already got the BamBoo handle in a blue swirly stock, it's beautiful. I'm thinking of getting one done in red, white & blue to PIF to an active duty member soon. Very comfortable handle.

It's a great handle design (and as far as I can tell very original) and one that people should consider when ordering a brush from Rudy.

Top Bottom