What's new

Rudy Vey Custom Shaving Brushes and Restorations

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Some info on the Shavemac Finest hair.
The Shavemac finest is a mix of their very soft silvertip with the highest grade Pure badger (these pure hairs even have distinct bands, whereas other are just plain grey or black colored):
wUXLiOd8wp5JwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
$Shavemac Pure.jpg

The Silvertip hair is from the best quality and it is very soft:
AF4D9yL7vuDfAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

$Shavemac silvertip.jpg
The result is the "Finest" hair grade, the softness of the silvertip combined with the stiffness of the pure hair creates a superb quality hair mix: soft, yet good backbone. Other companies call these hair qualities a different name, however, I think the Shavemac Finest is of excellent value with an outstanding product quality. I am using these hairs since some 5 years and did not experience and deviation in their quality.
Finest:
p4C0AAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
$Shavemac Finest.jpg

I am stocking the sizes from 18-28 mm in both the bulb and fan shape. The lofts are short, so brushes with a knot/loft ratio from 1:2 - 1:2.1 can be made.

Last edited:

Rudy Vey

Someone wanted this pen made and eventually could not take it. Sometimes, things come up and money is needed for something else than a fountain pen. So, if someone wants a nice uniquely made pen, here it is.
It comes with a Schmidt converter as well as some cartridges, and I will also include a bottle of Diamine ink (30 mL bottle) of my choice.
The price for the pen is $150 and this includes priority shipping in CONUS.

$IMG_1337.jpg$IMG_1338.jpg$IMG_1340.jpg

Here is my most recent brush from Mr. Vey. Im very please with it. It's has a 24mm DO1 2band knot set to a 43mm loft.

$IMG_20140609_215539.jpg
Edit: Uploaded

Last edited:
Hi Rudy! We have been chatting via email about a custom brush for both me and the hubs. I am still going through this thread, I am like 1/3 of the way through. Don't think I have forgotten :) I have just been really busy recently but will make up my mind very soon as to what I want to order.

Hi Rudy! We have been chatting via email about a custom brush for both me and the hubs. I am still going through this thread, I am like 1/3 of the way through. Don't think I have forgotten :) I have just been really busy recently but will make up my mind very soon as to what I want to order.

You will love your brush from Rudy. He does fine work. Mine is a 24mm Shavemac Silvertip set at 52mm.

Rudy Vey

Haven't forgotten you!! Take your time, I am traveling for my job in the next two weeks mostly. Try to stay up with pm's and with e-mails, but it may take a bit longer than normal for my replies.

Finally got my first Rudy Vey brush for Father's Day. Rudy was amazingly patient and helpful and created this wonderful brush that perfectly matches the University of Miami Hurricanes color scheme. It's my first badger and I'm still figuring it out, but the knot seems real dense, holds a ton of water, makes great lather, and just plain feels amazing. I think I'm in love!:001_rolle Anyway, thanks and kudos to Rudy - a true gentleman and artisan!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1,196

Rudy Vey

I am off to the Vaterland tomorrow, so I might be a bit delayed in answering pm and e-mails, try to keep up as good as I can.

Rudy Vey

My e-mail access is actually very limited as wireless is not common whatsoever, only in the hotel, I hope, I am able to connect (other than at my German employer's office - and I should not use this for private mails, too!!).

Rudy Vey

So, I am back from the Vaterland, however, I picked up a nasty stomach bug over there that has me out since I am back. This is the first time I am at the computer since coming home on Friday - answering now all your emails and pm's.

Hi Rudy. Any idea where I might find some Ficus/Fig wood for turning a custom scale? I was thinking about backing it with a slim piece of brass. Thanks!

Rudy Vey

Hi Rudy. Any idea where I might find some Ficus/Fig wood for turning a custom scale? I was thinking about backing it with a slim piece of brass. Thanks!

Sorry, never seen it offered, but that does not mean it is not available.

Rudy Vey

Here are two orphans.
To the left a hefty AS3M in Moonjava, hole is right now 26 diameter with a depth of 18 mm; $50 plus shipping. SOLD
Right a Stubby Xl in White Zebra, hole is 23 mm in diameter with a depth of 19 mm; $40 plus shipping.

$IMG_1671.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool!

I'm finally working with Mr. Vey on my brush. It will be a 24mm Shavemac Silvertip. Really excited.

Also thinking about down the road getting a Moonjava brush done, either a 27mm Omega boar, or a 25mm Muhle STF.

Really liking the big brushes nowadays.

Top Bottom