What's new

Poll: Sexiest car for an old-fashioned man

because real roads have curves.

proxy.php

Old School? Gentlemen? Classic?

Then you can not go wrong with a Jaguar XJR. Those classic lines never go out of style. I like mine in a British Racing Green..

proxy.php

To pick this car, I think you need to strip away the fu-fu-ness of a Ferrari or Jag, wash away the ego of a Lambo or Porsche, and forget the arrogance of an Aston or Benz. You need a CAR. One that serves a single purpose, to get you from point A to point B quickly, and have as much fun as possible along they way without playing with navigation systems, elaborate audio controls, or leather butt-massaging recliners. And the car you want you would build with your own hands. Gentleman, I give you the Caterham 7.

proxy.php

Koenigsegg CCX

I know, I know...Nothing old fashioned about this one. I just can't get the image out of my head of an old fashioned, well-groomed gentleman stepping out of this thing.

Lots of great picks. I've been fortunate in my life to have owned and enjoyed many, many cars when I was young enough to enjoy driving as well as doing most of my own maintenance. It was fun but now, at almost 65, the thought of turning a wrench turns my stomach. That said, I dug through some old photos and if you forgive me, chose two. One is my 65 Aston Martin DB5 drophead and the other is one of two '67 Lamborghini P400 Miura's that I was fortunate to have owned.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I'm the original poster, and I like very much what the first few people posted immediately after me. The Alfa is sexy, the Mercedes are always sexy (especially the older ones), and of course the Aston Martin is sexy. And some of you did take this very personal (not that I'm surprised)... I will say this: just because you're old fashioned, doesn't mean you can't drive a modern car, but I don't want anything like that Maybach "Darth Vader" car, or the Bugatti Veyron. Something in the 350-500 hp range, with great curves.

I wouldn't buy this for myself, as I'm not crazy over Porsches, but I think it has the sexiest curves of just about any car (though I love big German sedans like the Audi A8, BMW 7-series, etc):

proxy.php

The Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet

:ladysman:

:smile: The Citroen-Maserati from the 70's. Had to be seen inside & out to be believed (remember we're talking s*xy here, not necessarily reliable!)
This is strictly from memory; I photographed one driving down a busy downtown street in the 70's but don't know where the slide is.

:smile: The Citroen-Maserati from the 70's. Had to be seen inside & out to be believed (remember we're talking s*xy here, not necessarily reliable!)
This is strictly from memory; I photographed one driving down a busy downtown street in the 70's but don't know where the slide is.

Fascinating, very technically complicated car that I also once owned. Made a bit famous in the opening sequence in the original "The Longest Yard" with Burt Reynolds along with Lynyrd Skynyrd gurgling "Saturday Night Special" as the car is sinking.

This image borrowed:

proxy.php

Wow, Steve, you've owned some fabulous--and brave--cars. The Miura in particular strikes a chord with me: When I was a kid in the late 60s or early 70s, my father had an acquaintance who sold exotic cars. My dad managed to get me in the driver's seat of an orange Miura on the showroom floor--I can still recall the view of the intake through the cabin window. A few days later, the car was featured in a color spread in the auto section of the local newspaper. I've had a soft spot for the Miura ever since.

Nobody's mentioned this yet but how about a limo? I never met a woman that didn't get giddy about riding in a limo. :smile:

Old School? Gentlemen? Classic?

Then you can not go wrong with a Jaguar XJR. Those classic lines never go out of style. I like mine in a British Racing Green..

proxy.php

Thanks Nemo... If my chosen profession ever had a prayer of providing me the financial prosperity required to afford one, I'd be a future XJR owner. :cool:

Now that we have a little more information, I would like to suggest a Bentley. About 550 horsepower. Very nice. Very classy.

ok, gentlemen, I know it may not be what you expect, but as far as 'sexiest car for an old-fashined man' goes, i think we should just leave it to the man himself.

oh yeah, don't shoot the messenger, please!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
ok, gentlemen, I know it may not be what you expect, but as far as 'sexiest car for an old-fashined man' goes, i think we should just leave it to the man himself.

oh yeah, don't shoot the messenger, please!

One of the best scenes in the movie, and the NSX is perhaps the most exotic car ever made for everyday driving.

Top Bottom