What's new

Pants Hanging Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is funny they tried to create a "droopy drawers bill" and a "no plumbers crack bill" to legislate against this. I think this is more an indication of who is subscribing to the style and who is in government than it is an indication of lewdness. As others have said, this is to **** off white America. I agree, it looks stupid and a little comical, but it sure isn't so revealing that bills need to be passed banning it.

Seriously, of these three pictures, if all that was at play was banning revealing clothing, the droopy drawers would not be the first to go.
(Hope these are okay to post)

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Now, guys at the beach wearing Speedos, that is where we need legislation!:blink:

Last edited:
That fellow who auditioned for American Idol wrote a song about it. You looking like a fool with your pants on the ground....

I was dropping my daughter off at school on Saturday at 0630 for a sports team trip. On our way up the hill to her school, she noticed a rather old guy wearing only Speedos and running shoes tearing along at a pretty fast pace. Not sure what that was all about.

So they do something stupid, to make us think they are stupid. Then they complain when we don't respect them!
Yep. It's working well.

Isn't B+B the land of "just wear what makes you happy, don't allow others to judge your worth based on appearances"?
I recall some bowtie threads......

No!
B & B is the land of proper sartorial education and elevation. We roundly condemn those who condemn themselves to slobbery and indolence in the name of adolescent cool.
We embrace the ideals of our forefathers who were unafraid to look as if they'd 'made an effort'. We embrace quality and fit and eccentricity, not anti-statements which define the wearer as someone who's never had to take responsibility for a job and a household!

So the land of conformity and judgement then? Because you sure are drawing a lot of conclusions about people from the height of their trousers. Calling everybody who does it a "thug" or "someone who's never had to take responsibility for a job and a household" is like assuming that anybody who wears a suit is a sexist who expects his wife to have the house cleaned and dinner cooked for him by the time he gets home.

I don't believe it is and I don't believe you believe it is either.
If we are disallowed from expressing an opinion, there wouldn't be much call for a Haberdashery sub-forum would there?

I don't believe it is and I don't believe you believe it is either.
If we are disallowed from expressing an opinion, there wouldn't be much call for a Haberdashery sub-forum would there?

An opinion on a fashion choice isn't the same thing is an ugly stereotype that demeans everybody associated with it (both of those examples were the latter). And no, I don't think it looks good either, but I've known quite a few people who dressed that way and most of them are perfectly nice people.

I don't think its so much a fashion statement..as perhaps these youngsters have an incontinence problem...and have DUMPED such a heavy load in their trousers that they're pulled down naturally by gravity......Thats how it appears to me anyway.....Surely no one could want to look so stupid intentionally.

Not a good sign when a culture glorifies anything from prison other than prisoners who used their time behind bars to straighten themselves out.

I was watching a documentary on tattooing and there is a surge in artists who use homemade prison style machines and ink art in the same prison style. Some will even do it to gain street credibility by looking as though they have done time.

The pants thing is such a joke. Especially when you get into foot chase with a criminal who is running like a penguin. Before I put them in my car I always grab the waist band and give it a good yank to pull them up.

I recall some bowtie threads......
Was anyone using a bowtie to tie their feet together? That would be a good analogy - something that intentionally causes inconvenience to oneself.

Casual clothing is fine. Fancy clothes are fine. Dysfunctional clothing is a handicap.

Maybe that's it? They are expressing solidarity with the handicapped?

Was anyone using a bowtie to tie their feet together? That would be a good analogy - something that intentionally causes inconvenience to oneself.

Casual clothing is fine. Fancy clothes are fine. Dysfunctional clothing is a handicap.

Maybe that's it? They are expressing solidarity with the handicapped?
Yes, this clothing choice does make the wearer less mobile. But, that is certainly not uncommon in fashion trends, we simply find it easier to criticize these guys because they are so far from the mainstream.

I by no means think baggy pants are a good look, but there are styles that are more restricting and yet less criticized. For example
proxy.php

Though the baggy pants are restrictive, I bet the guy wearing them would win in a foot race against any woman (or man) wearing those heels with that skirt:laugh:

I'd rather see a nudist walking towards me than a couple of thugs in hoodies and trousers hanging off them.
There's nothing wrong with nudity and in fact, you can be sure that unless he's veeery committed, he's not hiding a knife or gun.

Though, it makes you wonder where his pocket-change is :w00t:[/

Europe has truly gone past the point of no return I fear Imho. ( with that sort of thinking )

EDIT . Must do as the mods suggested and NOT swim towards the blood in the water !!!!! Backs out of thread slowly ( with back side up against the wall ) before the ALTERNATIVE ( cough cough ) types get to thick in here .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom