What's new

One-pass shave?

I guess that it depends on what it is you are willing to have as the result. For me one or two passes just does not get close enough. Some do WTG and ATG. Most do WTG, XTG and a third pass either XTG or ATG with touch-ups. Personally I do a three pass with touch-ups.

I think it depends on how one's hair grows. If you look at people's faces, some people are elder but their faces look like a 10 year old's face, they can go for a week and only have a thin light coverage of hair, so for a person with this type of a growth, sure one easy pass and they have a BBS for the next 3-4 days!

A two-pass shave works for me; and it's infrequent that I even have a pickup. In earnest, I've tried the single-pass; but I cannot get a result that approaches my two-pass DFS. I enjoy shaving; and spending a bit more time doing a second lather and pass is fine with me. It's my a.m. ritual.

A one pass shave can be done, but it won't be perfection.

This was going to be my answer.

On further thought, a single WTG pass is probably pretty darn ok for a guy with a thin, light beard. I know for me a single WTG pass is socially acceptable, at least for half a day, but I need my second pass.

I have a pretty tough beard, I can't get by with one pass. I stick to two passes with my 37c and it gets me close enough.

While I prefer a 3-pass shave, I have on occasion (when pressed for time because of an early morning appointment, or when something unexpected comes up) I have gotten an acceptable "quick and dirty" 1-pass shave (esp. with Arko Stick).

Top Bottom