What's new

New DE razor manufacturer. Very nice!

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Thanks for the review. It's good to hear that everyone's expectations were well founded.

As I find myself enjoying OC razors more and more, I'm looking forward to seeing those come back on sale.

I'll try the OC side, but I'm afraid I'm not an OC aficionado, so I can rate the shave, but would not be able to give a meaningful comparison to other OC razors.

A testament to the quality of last night's shave is that I'm now sitting at my desk 12hrs later and I can just start to feel the beginning of stubble in a couple of spots.
I've had shaves that felt worse right afterwards.

Last edited:
I would love to hear the open comb version of this razor compared to the ATT open comb plates. Perhaps chamm??

I would love to oblige, but I currently have only the SB inbound.

Rest assured, there will be comparisons between the SB and every other razor I own. If I can get my hands on an OC, I will run that through the wringer as well, but it'll be some time before I'm allowed to make anyone shaving purchases. :lol:

I'd love to see Wolfman put together a waiting list or take pre-orders. I can understand why he wouldn't want to, but it would be nice to just get my order in and wait for it to be made. I'm really intrigued by his stuff.

Very interesting razor. I'm eager to see more from the early adopters. Especially the aggressiveness level - I have trouble with even moderately aggressive razors, and I'm looking for a SS option that isn't too aggressive overall.

... I have trouble with even moderately aggressive razors, and I'm looking for a SS option that isn't too aggressive overall.
Based on that, get an ATT M2. If you want to spend less money and don't mind a SS handle with an aircraft aluminum head, get an iKon Shavecraft 101. You won't be sorry with either choice.

Just came and thought I would share some pics, not sure why they are all upside down and sideways, but I guess if you care enough you'll make do =P

Also no great reviewer here so just pics I am sure chamm will have his say soon as he gets his SB!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Umm ya enjoy I guess and damn nice razor IMO GJ James!

P.S. Don't mind the glove I just didn't want to get any smudges or prints on it YET, OCD you know... lol

Based on that, get an ATT M2. If you want to spend less money and don't mind a SS handle with an aircraft aluminum head, get an iKon Shavecraft 101. You won't be sorry with either choice.
I have at ATT M1; is that about the same as the M2? If so, it is a bit too aggressive for me.

As folks begin to review their new razors, can someone please chime in on the handle? I am torn between the wrh-1 and wrh-2. It seems like the wrh-1 would provide better grip.

I have at ATT M1; is that about the same as the M2? If so, it is a bit too aggressive for me.
I can't answer that since I abandoned safety bar razors once I discovered open combs and have never used an M1. Others here can answer it, and I suspect that a search would produce some threads where that is discussed. Also, you can send a PM to Stan and ask him what he thinks. He will give you a straight answer and won't try to sell you on the M2 just to sell another razor.

I can't answer that since I abandoned safety bar razors once I discovered open combs and have never used an M1. Others here can answer it, and I suspect that a search would produce some threads where that is discussed. Also, you can send a PM to Stan and ask him what he thinks. He will give you a straight answer and won't try to sell you on the M2 just to sell another razor.

Since the M1 can be a little too much for me, I'm fairly certain that the M2 would also be a bit on the aggressive side.

I'm hoping the New Wolfman is closer to the DE89 (less blade exposure) - eager for more reviews on this new razor!

I've read every one of these posts, and am convinced that at some point I will order one of these razors, either direct, or the BBS1 from John.

While I agree with comments on price, and get satisfying shaves from my various vintage and modern razors, this seems like another candidate for quality over quantity for me.

There are just certain categories of products that I've chosen to "pony up" funds in order to have a long lasting, well designed offering that will stand the test of time. This looks to be one of them.

Plus, in ordering I feel I'd be supporting a true craftsman who looks to be setting a standard that will likely be copied, with cheaper material, but with benefit to the Wet Shaving community. I'll take the original, and be glad for it.

I've read every one of these posts, and am convinced that at some point I will order one of these razors, either direct, or the BBS1 from John.

While I agree with comments on price, and get satisfying shaves from my various vintage and modern razors, this seems like another candidate for quality over quantity for me.

There are just certain categories of products that I've chosen to "pony up" funds in order to have a long lasting, well designed offering that will stand the test of time. This looks to be one of them.

Plus, in ordering I feel I'd be supporting a true craftsman who looks to be setting a standard that will likely be copied, with cheaper material, but with benefit to the Wet Shaving community. I'll take the original, and be glad for it.

You will not be disappointed it's one gorgeous razor and shaves like a boss IMO. James reallys the epitome of a tirue craftsman.

Top Bottom