What's new

New DE razor manufacturer. Very nice!

Very nice looking razors and I love the handles! :)

I shaved with my OC version, this morning, fitted with the WRH-4 handle (I also have the WRH-5 handle, shown in the below photo).

Overall, this is a fantastic razor that was expertly engineered. The head assembly parts fit together very tightly, which gave me confidence that it would be a smooth, easy shave. My confidence was well placed, as I got that smooth, easy shave. Truly, at times, I was concerned that I was "doing it wrong," as I had little sensation of my whiskers being cut. However, they were gone. With two passes all over, a third pass in certain spots (I pushed things, just to see performance), and some significant touching up in my trouble spots (see more explanation below), I came out with about as close and comfortable shave I've had.

I very much enjoy the low profile head, as that easily allowed me to get to all the nooks and crannies around my face while still keeping a light touch.

At 130g, this head/handle combo is one whopper of a razor--far and away the heaviest I've used. I believe that is the reason I had particular trouble in my trouble spots. I just did not have the experience. By the time I rinsed off, though, those trouble spots were lying defeated upon the battlefield, and my face was none the worse for the wear. I was a bit surprised at how little irritation I had in those areas where I had to work at it. I am confident that, with a bit more experience, I will have far less trouble.

The combination is remarkably well balanced, also. That surprised me, as I wasn't sure how I would enjoy such a hefty handle. The handle, itself, is quite comfortable to hold and use, though. I do look forward to putting the head with other, lighter handles to see how it does, but I know I have a winner in this combination.

Yes, this is a pricey razor, but it is high quality. If your pocketbook allows, and if you can grab hold of one, you will be rewarded.

View attachment 556269

So, here are some additional thoughts. I have experimented with different blades (Nacet, GSB, feather) and I have found that the razor is tolerant of these different blades. This razor is efficient and smooth without being overly aggressive. Although the blade gap is close to that of the ATT R2, to me, the razor shaves much more like the ATT M2. I think that the Wolfman razor is slightly smoother than the M2. The angle is intuitive, and the feel great. Because I have to shave every day, I prefer a mild to moderately aggressive but efficient razor. This razor, as well as the ATT M2, truly fit that bill. The standard handle is also my preferred length and thicknes (3.5 inches long, slightly over 0.5 inches thick) and is deeply knurled with excellent grip. Overall an excellent product with perfect fit and finish. I would recommend it to anyone.

So, here are some additional thoughts. I have experimented with different blades (Nacet, GSB, feather) and I have found that the razor is tolerant of these different blades. This razor is efficient and smooth without being overly aggressive. Although the blade gap is close to that of the ATT R2, to me, the razor shaves much more like the ATT M2. I think that the Wolfman razor is slightly smoother than the M2. The angle is intuitive, and the feel great. Because I have to shave every day, I prefer a mild to moderately aggressive but efficient razor. This razor, as well as the ATT M2, truly fit that bill. The standard handle is also my preferred length and thicknes (3.5 inches long, slightly over 0.5 inches thick) and is deeply knurled with excellent grip. Overall an excellent product with perfect fit and finish. I would recommend it to anyone.

This is good to hear as I'm in the same boat as you with daily shaving. I was a little concerned this might be too aggressive based on some other people placing it between the R2 and H2. Either way I'm on the waiting list for an OC and can't wait to try it out. I plan on pairing it with a Weber Bulldog handle but the Wolfman handles are starting to rub off on me.

This is good to hear as I'm in the same boat as you with daily shaving. I was a little concerned this might be too aggressive based on some other people placing it between the R2 and H2. Either way I'm on the waiting list for an OC and can't wait to try it out. I plan on pairing it with a Weber Bulldog handle but the Wolfman handles are starting to rub off on me.

I have used the M1, R1, and H1 from ATT (close to their open comb brothers) as well as the Wolfman WR1-SB (Straight bar).

Overall, although the blade gap is in the R1 range, it is much less aggressive on the "face feel" than the R1, and no where near the H1. I agree with the above poster NavyShave, it is much closer to the M1/2 than that R1/2 in terms of "face feel" aggressiveness. I'd place it just a hair under the M1 (i.e. feels a little more gentle than the M1) for me, and about as efficient.

The handle is also very well done, nicely knurled (I have the WRH1). A little heavy for me, but clearly a quality product. No Threading problems with any head and feels nice in the hand.

I would recommend the head in any flavor to anyone, even those who like the R1/H1 offerings. It is efficient and smooth.

I emailed James the other week. He had picked up a devette from an antique store and is interested in them. After he gets through his stainless back log he will make some. I am on the waiting list for a brass version.

I have used the M1, R1, and H1 from ATT (close to their open comb brothers) as well as the Wolfman WR1-SB (Straight bar).

Overall, although the blade gap is in the R1 range, it is much less aggressive on the "face feel" than the R1, and no where near the H1. I agree with the above poster NavyShave, it is much closer to the M1/2 than that R1/2 in terms of "face feel" aggressiveness. I'd place it just a hair under the M1 (i.e. feels a little more gentle than the M1) for me, and about as efficient.

The handle is also very well done, nicely knurled (I have the WRH1). A little heavy for me, but clearly a quality product. No Threading problems with any head and feels nice in the hand.

I would recommend the head in any flavor to anyone, even those who like the R1/H1 offerings. It is efficient and smooth.

Post appreciated. I am waiting on the Standard Bar head and I am trying to get a sense of it, relative to the ATT R2 plate. Given your opinion, I am going to pre-assess it as a much milder, but still efficient shave.

Post appreciated. I am waiting on the Standard Bar head and I am trying to get a sense of it, relative to the ATT R2 plate. Given your opinion, I am going to pre-assess it as a much milder, but still efficient shave.
Yes, exactly. It is much milder than the R2 plate and close in terms of efficiency.

The Wolfman razors are worth waiting for. Just over a week into using his WR1-OC and it is amazing. Had it dialed in after shave #2.
The WR1-OC build & shave quality has shelved my plans to pickup an ATT S2 head. When James gets around to making a slant, I'll be buying one..

The Wolfman razors are worth waiting for. Just over a week into using his WR1-OC and it is amazing. Had it dialed in after shave #2.
The WR1-OC build & shave quality has shelved my plans to pickup an ATT S2 head. When James gets around to making a slant, I'll be buying one..

Given the reviews here at B&B on the BBS-1 and Wolfman razors. I believe you are correct in that they are worth waiting for. Those of us waiting and want one, really don't have a choice and that's the reality of the situation. I am fine with this and understand the situation at Wolfman is unique.

Waiting, I will do.......

I was also contemplating an ATT S2 razor at some point in the future. Most likely it will happen, but further down the road. This SS razor stuff can get costly. Sweet, but costly!

Peace!

Yep, there is quite the back log at the moment. My OC won't be ready until July! These are great razors though, and worth the wait. I already own the BBS-1 that he makes for LA Shaving, and it is an immaculate stainless razor.

I think I've already posted on this topic, but the OC is truly a great razor. Relatively mild but efficient and well built. The business is a pleasure to deal with as well. Good luck guys, waitmit out and you'll be rewarded. You can always try emailing him as well to help your chances.

From the opinions of James' character, I believe when the razors are completed, he will contact each individual accordingly. I see no reason to hound him via e-mail in the hopes of getting the razor finished earlier.

I suspected he might be getting swamped with requests and orders for his razors and this pretty much confirms said suspicion:

Yep, there is quite the back log at the moment. My OC won't be ready until July! These are great razors though, and worth the wait. I already own the BBS-1 that he makes for LA Shaving, and it is an immaculate stainless razor.

It's the end of March and there is a 4 month wait on acquisition. I'm glad to see the demand is there.....

Peace, Gentlemen!

Shows how amazing they are as few to none have shown up on the buy and sell. Even though I am sure sellers could currently make money off these suckers. It's a godly creation!

Top Bottom