What's new

NEW CLUB - Vintage Gillette Razor Fan Club “VGRFC”

Howdy, Vintage Gillette fans,

I just picked this beautiful razor up and I hope someone can help me ID it.

It was advertised as a “1944-1946 Aristocrat,” but I don’t think the Aristocrat was made in 1944-1945. Anyway, it has been fully revamped and plated and looks fantastic to me.

So, what is it?

View attachment 1818737View attachment 1818738View attachment 1818739View attachment 1818740
It looks identical to my Y-1 President with smooth band to my eye. I guess it can't be if there isn't a date code on it.

Excellent insights Mitch! @mgweatherly - I need to show you my Aristocrats so I can finally tell which is which!

I only glanced at the pictures hence the reference to the Regent Tech - which actually was my learning of the day. So there is a TTO Tech next to the Ranger Tech.

Cheers,

Guido

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
Easter Sunday shave.

1951 W1 Super Speed and a c. 1940s refurbished Fuller brush. Beautiful shave.

IMG_5240.jpeg

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
Howdy, gents!

I may be obtuse, but, is there a difference in the HEAD of my ‘51 W1 Super Speed and my ‘48-‘49 Aristocrat? They look identical and I can’t measure any difference in the features I can reach with my dial caliper. I didn’t notice any difference in the shave. If not for the handle, I don’t think I could tell them apart, truth be told.

I ask because I’m thinning my den considerably and there’s no way I’m going to part with my Aristocrat (which is out being gold plated) and, if the heads are identical, as they appear, the ‘51 SS may not make the Final Cut.

Last edited:
20240329_084155.jpg

My 1918 Old Type has been giving me a nice & smooth face every day since Friday. Not only is this a great start to my day, but it is also a daily reminder of why Vintage Gillettes are great. Somehow, I doubt that there will be any Fusions that are still acting as a daily driver in 2118.

Still, the more I use either of my, two piece, Old Types, the more that I get the urge to acquire one of the three piece Old Types. Does anyone know If the single & double ring shave any differently to the Pocket Edition style Old Types? Or are they just the same razor with a different handle?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_1097.jpeg

Vintage Gillette NDC Gold Ball End Tech was my Vintage Gillette again today. As I Have mentioned before I use my razors and blades for a week at a time. Will be interesting to see what I chose on Monday morning to use for next week’s efforts.

Top Bottom