What's new

Need toenail and regular nail clippers

Is there a quality website offering said products that are high quality? I possess and old pair or TRIM clippers and they're better than some that I recently purchased from Amazon. Where can I get good quality manicure products???/

Search for Solingen nail clippers from Germany. Stainless steel. Seki Edge from Japan are good stainless also. It seems Seki may not make flat edge clippers anymore which is unfortunate. I prefer straight/flat edge especially for toenails but can be hard to find. Ymmv.

Or victorinox (Swiss).

all are avail on @m@z0n

I bought a set at the dollar store (got it for the other things.....and had a small and big clipper) ; interestingly they seem to be good.....

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
The Seki's are well made, albeit expensive especially from the Big River. I've tried to find some, sporadically, but the best found (aside from those built Back in the Day) were no names I picked up at the local grocery

local Pharmacy??
pay for quality!
cheap and nasty will be like using blunt pliers
the angles of blades in the cheap ones are too steep, the jaws squash before the blade cuts

yeah, bought cheap 3$ dollah store ones for flush cutting copper wire zip ties and industrial uses, not using a 20$ set for that, look exactly similar yet there is a very marked difference in cutting nails ability

I have the old heavy Trim clippers from USA the OP mentioned. I wish they still made those they were great but have eventually dulled. Unfortunately I have found none made in USA currently. I have the Seki flat edge ones and the big Seki curved edge too and they are very sharp and work great. They actually cut nails off instead of snapping them off.

Love my Seiki nail clippers. Bought a second pair a few years ago. Found a clone of these that are probably chinese made and they work well but not as sharp as the real deal.

EDIT: The clone pair is Duvilo. Not available on Amazon anymore and no idea why as they are great. I bought them back in 2020 for like $9 for a pair.

This next pair is a great pair and reasonable in price I think I paid $12.95 for last year.

Says it's made in the USA

Last edited:
Is there a quality website offering said products that are high quality? I possess and old pair or TRIM clippers and they're better than some that I recently purchased from Amazon. Where can I get good quality manicure products???/

I buy mine at Walmart-Mart, most for sale are not like ingot old days lasting for years. Most are made in China, and decent set cost $5.00 at Walmart-Mart, I keep receipt forv90 days so if they fair Wal-Mart gets em back for refund.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
A few years ago, I searched high and low for quality nail clippers.... The Feather small finger nail clippers is my favorite.... Unbelievably sharp.... The handle is a bit slippery but I got used to it. Amazon is out of them at the moment.... No one seems to have the small size... at least, not the 10 or so sites I checked.... A more thorough search might uncover one. Here is a listing on eBay

For toe nail clippers, I bought several but these worked the best for me:

I use MUJI clippers, made in Japan and sharp and heavy duty, and fairly affordable. I got them in store though, not sure where you'd get them online.

I got these in a box of razors several years ago. They replaced a pair from my mother who was a beautician. She used this style because they cut square and reduced the chance of ingrown toenails. There are several versions on line from 25-100 dollars. Well worth the investment.
IMG_4640.jpeg

A few years ago, I searched high and low for quality nail clippers.... The Feather small finger nail clippers is my favorite.... Unbelievably sharp.... The handle is a bit slippery but I got used to it. Amazon is out of them at the moment.... No one seems to have the small size... at least, not the 10 or so sites I checked.... A more thorough search might uncover one. Here is a listing on eBay

For toe nail clippers, I bought several but these worked the best for me:

Just purchased a pair of KOHM STRAIGHT TOENAIL clippers. Thx!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got these in a box of razors several years ago. They replaced a pair from my mother who was a beautician. She used this style because they cut square and reduced the chance of ingrown toenails. There are several versions on line from 25-100 dollars. Well worth the investment. View attachment 1814430
Brand(s) please. There are some Chinese brands that resemble wire cutters but are almost not up to the task.

...has nice Morihei clippers, probably my favorite. They're sold out at the moment in a lot of models though.

Top Bottom