What's new

Goodfellas Bayonetta

Product Image The Goodfellas' Smile - Bayonetta Double Edge Safety Razor, 100% CNC Machined Brass, Made in italy, Just Launched for 2024 ($58 USD)
Packaging = Minimalistic, which is perfectly fine. Box with a tissue-wrapped razor inside. Closed comb, Short screw, three-piece safety razor:
  • Weight: 3.5oz-99g.
  • Length: 3.74in-95mm.
  • Handle Diameter: 13mm.
  • Head: 44mm x 22.3mm.
  • Blade Gap: 0.65mm.
  • Exposure: Positive 0.15mm.
Build = Immediately impressed. Its “closed comb” design exposes more blade than a Merkur 34C, at least to my untrained eye, and the angle looks like it will be different (which means I'll need to be careful). Solid brass design with a modernist appeal, the Bayonetta is striking to look at - and feels like solid craftsmanship in the hand. The matte finish lends a bit of masculinity to the razor. The weight *feels* heavier in the hand than my 34G.

This is a system that we've seen in DEs before - unscrew the top cap and insert blade. Unlike some Merkusr, however (I'm looking at you, 23C), whose top cap threaded screw is a weak point in the design, the Bayonetta's threads seem "machinist grade" and built to last. Blade falls into place, no problems with alignment, all looks good.

Operation = Vito's soap, Semogue boar, and go. This razor delivers highly effective results. Oddly, I did not find its handle annoying to hold, even though it has less gnurling than a Gillette or Merkur (I attribute that to the matte finish, maybe?). For its weight, the razor was agreeably light in the hand and easy to maneuver. As I suspected, the angle differs (for me) slightly from my 34, but it took one pass to find this adjustment.

Conclusion = The GF Bayonetta delivers a smooth, comfortable shave and fills a niche as a is a value-priced, quality razor that feels like a tier quality higher than Merkur's standard offerings. Those with large hands will even find comfort & control. Recommend with no reservations.

Top Bottom