What's new

Goodfellas Smile Bayonetta

Can anyone compare the Bayonetta to a Rockwell R6 plate number?
Take this with a grain of salt since I am using multiple comparisons to infer a guess.
I've never had the 6s but many people compare the Lupo 72 or GC 84P to the R6 plate in efficiency.
Seeing how @nav suggests the Bayonetta is even a bit more efficient than those 2, logically it would follow the Bayonetta is slightly more efficient than the 6s with R6.

@nav Does it compare to the GC .84 or Lupo .72 in blade feel as well ?

If it's as efficient as these 2 and more comfortable than a Rocca, it sounds like a great little razor.

Don't knock something just because it's intuitively easy to use, learn and experience from. I have razors which took me some time to figure out and that's good but, I'm even happier reaching for something I just seem to be 100% in sync with.
Yes, agree. This can be my personal issue 🤣 autopilot razors are for me sooner or later annoying... I usually use autopilot razors if there is some meeting in work or family time where is better to have clean normal look not burns nicks and rest of blood everywhere like after fight 😆

Take this with a grain of salt since I am using multiple comparisons to infer a guess.
I've never had the 6s but many people compare the Lupo 72 or GC 84P to the R6 plate in efficiency.
Seeing how @nav suggests the Bayonetta is even a bit more efficient than those 2, logically it would follow the Bayonetta is slightly more efficient than the 6s with R6.

@nav Does it compare to the GC .84 or Lupo .72 in blade feel as well ?

If it's as efficient as these 2 and more comfortable than a Rocca, it sounds like a great little razor.

So, the bayonetta has blade feel but it also has a strong blade bend so no blade chatter. The cutting angle is also more intuitive than lupo.

The rocca was just weird for me as it has blade feel but lacking in efficiency VS bayonetta.

I also found it slightly more efficient than R6, GC84.

autopilot razors are for me sooner or later annoying
Fru Lol GIF by Amazon Prime Video

😂

I had my first shave with the Bayonetta this morning and I can confirm that it's more efficient than the Rockwell 6S with an R6 plate. At least that's my first impressions of it. I found it somewhat similar in blade feel and efficiency to a Blackland Era with a #5 plate. Or maybe slightly more blade feel than the Era. I'm impressed with the Bayonetta, especially for the price.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I had my first shave with the Bayonetta this morning and I can confirm that it's more efficient than the Rockwell 6S with an R6 plate. At least that's my first impressions of it. I found it somewhat similar in blade feel and efficiency to a Blackland Era with a #5 plate. Or maybe slightly more blade feel than the Era. I'm impressed with the Bayonetta, especially for the price.

I've used neither the Rock nor the Era, so I can't appreciate the comparison, but we're both impressed with the Bayonetta.

Happy shaves,

Jim

So, the bayonetta has blade feel but it also has a strong blade bend so no blade chatter. The cutting angle is also more intuitive than lupo.

The rocca was just weird for me as it has blade feel but lacking in efficiency VS bayonetta.

I also found it slightly more efficient than R6, GC84.

Thanks for your detailed feedback, really appreciate it.

You wrote you'd rank it a bit better than GC 84 or Lupo 72 in efficiency. How does it compare to both of them in the ATG pass comfort ? does it have as much blade feel as the Lupo 72 ?

I really like the Lupo 72 as a 2 pass DFS razor but for me, it is a little harsh ATG on my skin, particularly if I use it daily.

Thanks for your detailed feedback, really appreciate it.

You wrote you'd rank it a bit better than GC 84 or Lupo 72 in efficiency. How does it compare to both of them in the ATG pass comfort ? does it have as much blade feel as the Lupo 72 ?

I really like the Lupo 72 as a 2 pass DFS razor but for me, it is a little harsh ATG on my skin, particularly if I use it daily.

I found the bayonetta better on the ATG pass. I think this is mostly due to the bigger blade bend which really helps to make the blade rigid, therefore more comfortable against the grain.

I've used the Bayonetta for a week now, coming from my trusted Henson medium. I'm so glad I found the thread and trusted the comments, for this razor is something else. Only half the price of the Henson, and much more efficient.

I have zero complaints, except for the extra upkeep for keeping it pretty, but I don't mind.

Thanks to you enablers, one of these arrived at my house from Spain along with some Zenith boars (a particular weakness of mine). "Had to get free shipping, honey."

Only 2 shaves so far, but the steepish angle and smooth cutting has me hooked. It is a different feel from many razors, but the medium aggression is unlikely to offend most users and I agree it was pretty intuitive to learn. Will post back if opinion changes.

My main razor is a somewhat blade-picky Lupo 95OC. It is at risk of getting bumped to #2.

The only Bayonetta gripe is the wide, solid bar exacerbated by the draggy blasted finish, but I'm mostly an open comb guy and knew this was going to be a sacrifice. It is still a smooth shaver. The handle is easy to hold, the razor is well-balanced, and the tolerances are excellent. The finish is more than acceptable for price point and it is nice to have plain brass amongst all the other shiny objects. Uh oh, Mr. Fatip just got stuffed back into his box!

Any good fellas reading this thread? I believe some would also pay quite a bit more to have it in steel. Just saying, thinking about myself. :c6:
Some have sure polished up their brass versions nicely.
Maybe you already have one. Jump in if not...on an interim pre-steel basis (a perfect excuse)...in case the Italians change several things around or stop making it entirely in the meantime.

Top Bottom