What's new

Need a VERY citrus scented fragrance...

I recently bought some citrus deodorant that smells great. I found out about it recently from another member that uses it.

Arm & Hammer Orange Citrus Deodorant. Although, to be honest, it's more of a grapefruit scent than orange.

Currently attempting to find a very citrus (lime, orange, lemon, grapefruit) scented fragrance and thus far I have been unsuccessful. Any suggestions?

Hmm, how much were you thinking of spending?

In the readily available, lower price range.. possibly Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme. If my memory serves me correctly I always found it very citrussy. Lots of lemon, bergamot, yuzu.. that kind of thing. I think if you like mostly citrus scents this is a good one to try at lower price ranges.

Kenzo make some good men's citrus scents also. Kenzo L'Eau Par Kenzo Pour Homme for example.. again lemon, yuzu.. that kind of thing.. with a little lotus.. some white musk and woodsy notes in the base. Nice if you're into that kind of fragrance.

If you like orange, well you could do worse than Clinique Happy for Men. Its a fresh, pleasant, no nonsense orange fragrance.

A lot of classic 90s men's fragrances are very fresh, summery and citrussy. Very popular in that era. I don't know if you're familiar with it but you might even enjoy popular 90s classic fragrances like Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio. Its a very much citrus based fragrance too. All lemons, limes.. some marine notes etc.

Speaking of limes.. the obvious all out lime fragrance would be Trumper's Extract of Limes. Although, personally I don't find it to be that interesting. That's just me though.

There are also lots of pleasant and very inexpensive Turkish lemon colognes. Just like they use in Turkish barbershops. I was in one recently and the barber applied it quite liberally. It was very nice. I done some reading about these Tirkish lemon colognes afterwards.

As for more expensive niche fragrances, there's all manner of suggestions. But I'm assuming you're going to be blind buying so many not want to drop too much on anything. I'll look through some of mine to see if I can come up with some more suggestions.

I'm not really a huge citrus person but one of my favourites is Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi. I think its beautiful. I got it years ago and I think it may be discontinued now though. Costa Azzurra is another one I love but it doesn't really fit the bill.

Anyways, best of luck with your search!

Last edited:
Just used this one yesterday…

3821A4CF-D2AA-4A92-A3C4-BEF2D5553F28.jpeg

Clubman Pinaud Lime Sec Eau de Cologne

+1Pinaud Lime Sec, for a candied lemon edt Mancera Lemon Line is very good. For orange any of the Terre de Hermes, for grapefruit I like Aqua de Parma Arancia di Capri. I find these to the favorite citrus scents in my collection.

I was going to mention the Castle Forbes LE Neroli. Not my fav, but it is surely orange, orange, orange!
The original version released around 2009 was almost over powering. Only 500 bottles ever produced. I still have some left and it's still a monster. 12 hours easily. The newer version is very strong but nothing like that old version.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
The original version released around 2009 was almost over powering. Only 500 bottles ever produced. I still have some left and it's still a monster. 12 hours easily. The newer version is very strong but nothing like that old version.
Still only 500 a year. I was in many of the London gents' shops in June and I tried several Castle Forbes fragrances. They gave me some nice samples, but understandably the only Special Reserve Neroli they offered was a couple shots from a tester. I loved it. Sniffed my arm all afternoon. Would have gone back and bought it, but I had already spent a wheelbarrow full of money around Jermyn St/Mayfair. Soon after arriving back in the USA I got an email for a sale at Pasteur's, so I bought two bottles. Strongest natural fragrance I've ever used. Two, absolutely no more than three sprays and I'm a walking jar of bitter Scottish orange marmalade for much of the day.

Apparently the Scots love these orange/neroli scents. The lad in Penhaligon's told me that they sell their two orange/neroli frags, Castile and Orange Blossom by the barrel in Scotland.

Last edited:
Still only 500 a year. I was in many of the London gents' shops in June and I tried several Castle Forbes fragrances. They gave me some nice samples, but understandably the only Special Reserve Neroli they offered was a couple shots from a tester. I loved it. Sniffed my arm all afternoon. Would have gone back and bought it, but I had already spent a wheelbarrow full of money around Jermyn St/Mayfair. Soon after arriving back in the USA I got an email for a sale at Pasteur's, so I bought two bottles. Strongest natural fragrance I've ever used. Two, absolutely no more than three sprays and I'm a walking jar of bitter Scottish orange marmalade for much of the day.

Apparently the Scots love these orange/neroli scents. The lad in Penhaligon's told me that they sell their two orange/neroli frags, Castile and Orange Blossom by the barrel in Scotland.
Hard to believe but that 09 Limited Edition is even stronger. I don't know if it's safe to use 3 sprays of that.

Didn't see this until now. There is a huge world of citrus fragrances, but, as others have pointed out, very few are "pure" citrus since it fades. My suggestion is to go to a department store with a large selection of perfumes and ask to smell citrus scents. Fwiw, here are some of my citrus favorites, most set apart by their predominant citrus note:

Louis Vuitton Afternoon Swim -- probably my favorite single scent -- Orange and some bergamot (but also ambroxan) (also not cheap). Lots of fragheads do love this.
Bulgari Tygar -- similar to Afternoon Swim but grapefruit based. (And most decidedly not cheap). Another fraghead favorite.
Goldfield & Banks -- Bohemian Lime -- I have a hard time finding lime fragrances I love. I think this is probably my favorite though; lime with a slight spicy touch.
St. Rose - Juliet in White - tangerine; just lovely; but a very hard to find niche perfume

Finally, and closer to the shaving world has to include the first aftershave I feel in love with: DR Harris Arlington. To me, while others have mentioned, for example Acqua di Parma, this is more purely citrus and more masculine. I prefer the aftershave to the cologne and cannot recommend highly enough. Set me on the path of learning more about scents and fragrances.

Very late, I know, but I think Taylor of Old Bond Street's Victorian Limes is the best citrus fragrance I own. Caron's Yuzu Man is also pretty good. If you prefer orange, Atelier's Orange Sanguine is nice. I do miss St. Charles Shave's Bay Rum with a Twist, however.

Top Bottom