What's new

Need a razor that gives me a smooth shave but highly efficient?

Hey guys

I've been using the feather asd2 it's smooth but not efficient what so ever.

I need something that gives smooth and highly efficient, what can you guys recommend that can give me this??

Thanks

I have a Feather AsD2 and like it because of its smoothness. I also own a Maxwell June and a Karve Overlander.

For more expensive items, others will likely say a lambda Athena if you want to wait for 3 months and a timeless.68 but I’ve yet to try them out as I’m very content with the 3 above and can’t see that changing.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Definitely get a slant. I've been using the merkur 37C since 2018 and rarely ever use anything else.
I didn't think of the 37C for @flatlinerz , but I should have. I have mine in storage because the ATT S1 and the 37C shave the same for me.... very, very, Very well, as far as ease of use and mild but efficient shave. I don't get the 12 hour shaves from either of them but repeatedly get 8 to 10 hour shaves.... 10 hours if I do my work properly.

The nice thing about Karve is you can very economically order several base plates to find the right level of efficiency that youre looking for. But they might not be available where you live.

I find the Blackland Blackbird to be very efficient and also very smooth, but not everyone agrees. Some folks don't find it very smooth, while others say it's not efficient enough. I also find the Yates 921 EH SB plate to combine both high efficiency with a decent amount of smoothness, but I think the H plate might be right up your alley.

If you're on a tight budget, then you should look at the Razorock Game Changer, Stainless Steel Lupo or perhaps their new Super Slant. They won't be as good as the Blackbird and the Yates, but still much better than a lot of others and also very inexpensive. YMMV!

lets see...the OverLander, the R41, BlackBird, Athena, Chiseled Face Legacy, Blutt BR1.20, GreenCult 2.0 with either the II or III plate and the Pearl Flexi OC for an adjustable... all excellent IMHO

I’ve been using the Tatara Adjustable and I’ve been using it on the 1 setting for a smooth but effective shave 2 passes

Hey guys

I've been using the feather asd2 it's smooth but not efficient what so ever.

I need something that gives smooth and highly efficient, what can you guys recommend that can give me this??

Thanks
All industrial blades especially the Feather and kai are smooth if used with the right tecnique! But if you are searching for somethin better you must go for a straight razor but it requires honing and or stropping in the best case. If you are begginer nothing will be smooth!!! Hope it helps🫡

Well, quite a few options present. I'm listing those that are comparative "non-aggressive" but highly efficient.

Vintage: British Gillettes (Rocket, Parat, Ambassador-pre-1950, Myatt Minor). The US-made New, Bostonian, 195/Fat Boy, Slim, Black Beauty, Schick Injectors.

Modern: Karve B-D plate, several RazoRocks (Lupo .95, Game Changer .84-.95, Super Slant, Hawk), Occam's Oren, PAA (DOC, Meta-4).

The ones I'm listing are roughly $100 or less. There are a bunch of options and adjustables obviously answer, but at a bit more cost.

The problem is smooth and efficient are quite subjective depending on skin type / beard type etc.

I'd say Edwin Jagger 3one6, Muhle Rocca, Lupo 72 and GameChanger 84 all seem to fit the description. They are quite a step up in efficiency from a DE89 yet still quite smooth. I've heard great things about the Overlander as well but never tried it myself.

Top Bottom