SOTD:
Razor: Blackbird Ti SB
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (6)
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green
Soap: Van Der Lovett Dutch Blue
Brush: Omega Evo 2.0
Aftershave: Reuzel Wood and Spice
042_01_1_23 conv.jpeg

I had another quick no-nonsense shave. The results were excellent with no blade tugging on shave six using longer strokes.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD:
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (7)
045_01_23 conv.jpeg

This is the seventh day using a Wilkinson Sword. I'm enjoying it. The sharpness hasn't diminished. It pairs well with my Blackbird Ti SB. Van Der Lovett Dutch Blue reminds me of PdP 63 in the scent department. I love that scent. The upside is Dutch Blue doesn't give me a rash like PdP 63. My Omega Evo 2.0 is still my favorite brush. My shave was great. Everything is going well with my FFFMM 2024 Edition. I chose well grasshopper.

Cheers
Rave

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD:
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (1)
050_01_23 conv.jpeg

I had a great shave using my new method which I refer to simply as shaving. I switched out my blade for a fresh Wilkie. I wanted to see if the blade was as smooth as I stated it was. I couldn't tell the difference between a Wilkie on shave seven and a fresh one out of the wrapper, so there's that.

Cheers!
Rave

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD:
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (2)
045_01_23 conv.jpeg

My shave was as perfect as it gets. It hit all the marks from irritation-free to closeness. Now to see if I can repeat this consistently. It does help to be in the middle of a fixed four. That limits the variables down to me.

Cheers
Rave

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD:
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (3)
050_01_23 conv.jpeg

I had another fantastic shave today. I won't determine whether the shave was as good as yesterday's. That could turn into the rabbit hole of which shave was more perfect. Suffice it to say my shave was great and I'm enjoying the results.

Cheers
Rave

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD:
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (4)
053_01_23 conv.jpeg

I've been pre-occupied this week. I've missed keeping up with my friend's journals. I hope to get back in the swing of things soon. They called off work due to snow. My wife is snowed in at our daughter's house. I've been enjoying the day. I'm going from the couch to the kitchen and back. I did shovel the walks. My shave was right up there with all my shaves since starting the fixed four. That means it was good. Hot chocolate sounds good, and maybe some popcorn.

Cheers
Rave

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I'm home from our vacation to visit Mom. I used my Merkur 933cl travel razor. After a few months of shaving with my Blackbird Ti, I found the Merkur shave surprisingly close and comfortable. Perhaps the Blackbird is good training. I'm finding razors like blades to have more similarities than differences. All except for Voskhod blades, they're still evil.

In other news, I ordered an Edwin Jagger 3one6 from Maggard Razors. I like the looks of it and have always wanted to own an E.J.
Edwin-Jagger-DESSKNBL-Knurled-3ONE6-Stainless-Steel-DE-Safety-Razor-3_1000x1000 conv.jpeg
It is good to be back.

Cheers!
Rave

Top Bottom