What's new

My Guess... 3017

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Further tweaking required as the puck sits a little too high in the bowl to generate lather along the bowl. Puck will have to be cut in half so it sits lower in the Ayars bowl and can generate some friction along the sides of the bowl.

Bob, you're having quite a time logistically with that puck...is the lather quality worth it? How does it compare to your other soaps that you finished?

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Bob, you're having quite a time logistically with that puck...is the lather quality worth it? How does it compare to your other soaps that you finished?

Definitely a learning curve here just getting the soap in the right container to generate a nice lather. This morning's lather was a little dry and I kept adding water to it to get it right because I really had to shake the brush out before lathering so lather wasn't flying all over the place. I think this last bit of tweaking will settle the issue and it should be "el" smooth sailing.

Grating out of the question?

I'm back down to my Old Spice remnant at the bottom of the ramekin. Slickness and cushion increased now that I am through the Williams.

Last edited:
day 3...the Seaforth mug is settling in.

$HPIM1181.jpg

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
The puck is cut in half and is resting peacefully in the Ayars bowl. The other half was deposited back in its original container. It will be called upon in a couple of months if not sooner.

One week in with Manantiales and the Rover, and I'm really hitting a groove. My lathers were a bit thin with only 30 seconds of loading, and have settled on 45. I easily get 3 passes from that. Face lathering is better than bowl for me, as it is much more slick on my face. It's great soap. The Rover may be the perfect brush for me, as it has really soft tips, and the right ratio of density and loft to give great flowthrough and no hogging. This 3017 thread is a grand eexperiment, and it is really paying off.

Yup 7 days and the LaToja is exceptional. The Somerset Rover is a fantastic performer , but......those Rudy Vey Shavemacs keep calling to me. I am holding fast. The rotation of the 3 straights are still the norm.

Top Bottom