What's new

My Guess... 3017

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
What is the La Toja like? Is there anything similar you would recommend to approximate this journey?

I can't tell you what its like since April 9th will be my first time using it. I would suggest a nice AoS soap of your choice or any other soap you would enjoy using for the next 3 or 4 months.

I might do this with my QED Patchouli, Tree Tea, Peppermint
The smell I don't really like but its bearable
I wonder how long it'd take me to push through it :)
I don't got a soap eating brush either just a basic pure badger parker.
Date starting. April 5/12

I will shave with my O&C puck again tomorrow and then it will be garaged for a couple of weeks during the next edition of our Brush Chronicles. Good luck to the team for the 9th April kick-off. I will swing by when time permits to check on the state of play.

David, how is the C&S performing? Can you draw some comparisons to other soaps.

Hi Tony,

I posted this:
My early experiences with Czech & Speake's "Oxford and Cambridge" soap have been terrific. I would assume that "88" is just as good and that the AOS soaps would be good as well. Great shaving!

a couple of days ago and still very much stand by it. I believe that this soap is made by the same people who make AOS soaps (Valobra?), so I guess that they should be comparable from a performance point-of-view. D R Harris and Tabac are a couple of my favourite soaps and O&C is also now in that league.

Hope this helps!

D R Harris and Tabac are a couple of my favourite soaps and O&C is also now in that league.

Hope this helps!

David, why did you have to post this? I was living so peacefully in ignorance of the performance of C&S. I sense another $36 refill puck in an upcoming shopping cart

David, why did you have to post this? I was living so peacefully in ignorance of the performance of C&S. I sense another $36 refill puck in an upcoming shopping cart

Sorry Nick. Whilst you are ordering, I believe that the black anodised aluminium dish for the "88" soap is gorgeous as well...... :wink2:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Good luck to the team for the 9th April kick-off. I will swing by when time permits to check on the state of play.

Game on! Tomorrow starts a never-been-used puck of La Toja Mananatiales and The Rover. I'm also going with the 23c while I'm at it, for the duration.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I took some pics of the unused puck in its original wooden bowl and then moved the puck into a Seaforth mug (perfect fit) so as not to ruin the wooden bowl and cork lid. I'll post them tomorrow. I might add an unused bottle of Speick aftershave into the mix. One soap, one brush, one razor, one brand of blade (Red IPs) and now one aftershave. This is unprecedented! Wait. Isn't this what the rest of the world does everyday? :biggrin:

Thats a good idea Mr. Gold. I'll move mine to a Seaforth as well... and for the next 30 days straights only, and Boosters.

I don't have a Seaforth mug, and my OS mugs seem small. I'll move it to the work bowl of my unused Moss Scuttle. I'm also sticking with Caldey Island Lavender splash for my AS until it runs out.

I will be using the following:

Thater brush | Muhle R101 (toothcomb) w/Feathers | Truefitt & Hill - Grafton (~160 grams) | Italian Floid Amber

I may run out of blades within six weeks, and I will likely buy a different brand.

Top Bottom