What's new

My DE89 is DE-AD!

I thought EJ had one of the best customer service around? IIRC some people have contacted EJ and gotten a replacement. Or, am I thinking of Merkur?

+1

My recollection of several other threads talking about snapped posts (EJ, and I would assume Muhle by extension) is that, at least some of the time, if you contact the manufacturer and explain what happened (photos may help), they will simply mail you a replacement top cap with post. It's worth a shot.

+1

My recollection of several other threads talking about snapped posts (EJ, and I would assume Muhle by extension) is that, at least some of the time, if you contact the manufacturer and explain what happened (photos may help), they will simply mail you a replacement top cap with post. It's worth a shot.

I've got nothing to lose trying this!

I just recently started a similar thread on this subject and got lots of great advice:
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/452922-I-ve-got-the-EJ-DE89-blues!

I was not able to get the broken threads removed from the handle (yet). Someone recommended using a left-handed drill bit to remove it and I'm planning to give that a try. However, I emailed EJ explaining my situation and I sent them some photos. After a couple emails, they agreed to send me a new razor. I would definitely recommend dropping them a line. It usually takes a few days to get a response, so be patient. Even still, they were very understanding and I am quite pleased with their customer service. Good luck!

He's not dead. He's pining for the fjords.

Monty Pyton is alway appreciated!

Sorry to hear about the death, so go vintage and never have to worry about this kind of mishap again!
a pre-war Tech, a Knack, a NEW short or long comb, Super Speed, Aristocrat, Adjustable, the possibilities are almost endless.

people will continue to criticize the zamak razors BUT my DE89 never fails to give me a close smooth shave with zero irritation. And I only paid $35 for it new so even if I would have to buy one every couple years I wouldn't be unhappy. I have tried a few vintage razors but sold them all because none gave me the shaves I get from my DE89 or my Merkur 39C .. Yeah they are zamak but if you take care of them they will last several years I'm sure

people will continue to criticize the zamak razors BUT my DE89 never fails to give me a close smooth shave with zero irritation. And I only paid $35 for it new so even if I would have to buy one every couple years I wouldn't be unhappy. I have tried a few vintage razors but sold them all because none gave me the shaves I get from my DE89 or my Merkur 39C .. Yeah they are zamak but if you take care of them they will last several years I'm sure

I have the same experience with my DE 89KN. NONE of the vintage razors I have tried have come close to it, except the superspeed I gave to a friend.

Top Bottom