What's new

Monthly photo contest for January 2024 - Modern architecture

Greetings to all participants of the forum. I want to propose an interesting topic for January. I suggest publishing photos of interesting buildings, in your opinion, built not very long ago. And it can be not only residential, but also industrial buildings. Including restored ones. Unusual camera angles are welcome. And your comments on the pictures are welcome.

bus station.JPG

20210523_105253.jpg

DSC00260.JPG

I hope architectural detail shots are acceptable, since that's more my style for this genre. Settings data on request.
Bench and Cow.jpg

Come Sit With Me, #3
Concrete Forest.jpg

Concrete Forest
Fountain.jpg

Fountain of Hope (Jonas Salk Institute)

I am interested to know what is depicted in these frames.

The top photo was my local bus station, my two dogs are also in the photo, a pair of Bedlington Terriers, the second photo is the walkway directly behind the Bus station, and the third shot is my local College, all shots were taken on my Sony a6600 hand-held with a Laowa 9mm zero distortion lens.

This is one of the examples of the reconstruction of a 19th-century building in Samara. The new owner completely restored the facade of the building, replaced the windows. However, the drawing of berries on the facade raises questions. But it's a matter of taste.

The photo was taken in the historical center of Samara. Many one-storey wooden houses built in the 19th century have been preserved in the city. But they are gradually being broken. And the local government gives the territory for building multi-storey residential buildings. Here is a typical picture. A new house with a lot of floors surrounded by houses that will soon be demolished.

I took some interesting photos today. There used to be a factory in Samara where very high quality lathes were made. But after the collapse of the Soviet Union, demand for them plummeted. And in the late 1990s, the plant was closed. Now there are shops selling construction and finishing materials on this territory. They also built huge ugly buildings made of glass and concrete. But there are still several buildings that have been restored. And they now house trendy shops, coffee shops, dance studios and more.

I liked the first photo in the post #5
Also, if I can rate my photos, these will be the photos in the message #8 (if it meets the conditions of the competition)

Top Bottom