What's new

Mon Savon Au Lait - French Arko?

On french forums, monsavon is seen as cheap and not so great. I've never used it so I don't know.
His price is his curse. New wetshavers start usually with this one, due to lack of technique it gets not always good reviews.

Believe it or not, from my experience Monsavon is better soap in almost every criteria than La Pere Lucien which is pretty mediocre soap, at least for me. And much more expensive than Monsavon.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I did not try this formula. Back in the day, it was okay. I mean, if you get it for cheap, give it a try. Otherwise, skip it. On the French forums, they are pushing Martin de Candre quite a bit. MdC is more expensive(mainly because it's shipped in a glass container) but a lot better.

I did not try this formula. Back in the day, it was okay. I mean, if you get it for cheap, give it a try. Otherwise, skip it. On the French forums, they are pushing Martin de Candre quite a bit. MdC is more expensive(mainly because it's shipped in a glass container) but a lot better.

^ This.

Monsavon is one of the rare soaps I could not get to lather.
Maybe it is reformulated since then, but I would not go an extra mile to try it and make it work.

YMMV!

Top Bottom