Blade: none
Brush: Shavemac Beehive
Soap: SV Opuntia

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Dickenson Witch Hazel
AS: SV Opuntia

The Deets-
Great shave today. We wrapped up work late last night, so today I just eased into a slow relaxing shave. I haven’t used the CC scuttle in a a while, so it got the nod. A bit of Japanese steel did the heavy lifting, and it was nice. I haven’t used this soap/AS set in some time because I have been trying to use up some other soaps. It was the right choice for today.

Started off with a slick, wet lather. I went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. Chased that with the witch hazel. Then wrapped everything up with a splash of the aftershave and everything was right as rain! Very nice BBS for the win! Life is good!

Today’s Shave

Pre Shave-
Strop: none
Scuttle: none
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Gillette Fat Boy
Blade: Polsilver Stainless
Brush: Trotter Handcrafts Boar
Soap: MWF

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Dickenson Witch Hazel
AS: Duc de Santal

The Deets-
Saturday I grabbed this setup and it was sublime. So much so that I am still rocking it this week. Ah, the simple joys of life. Life is good!

Home Front-
So … I am on staycation this week and enjoying the downtime. I have completely turned off all work notifications. Man, I needed that. Next week I will have a new boss when I get back. Fun times. Saturday we had lunch with some old friends. The missus and I have taken a few short, impromptu outings this week too. And I’ve also been working on spring cleaning/honey-do stuff. That list never gets shorter. We are still working on slowly downsizing for big things to come … more on that as things play out. I think that’s it for now.

Oh … and a pic for Sam.

IMG_9676.jpeg

Today’s Shave

Pre Shave-
Scuttle: none
Splash and go

Shave-
Brush: Trotter Handcrafts Boar
Soap: AOS Unscented

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Dickenson Witch Hazel
AS: Stirling Triumph

The Deets-
Man oh man, it's Sunday and don't get me started on DST. Anyway, here is a recount of the weekend and great shaves all round. Yesterday the bathroom was filled with the scent of Ethos Succes'. A great shave was had, although it was at about 1:30am and I am not a morning person. More on that in a minute. Today was AOS unscented and wrapped it up with Stirling Triumph AS. I had finished off the Stirling soap, but have a bit of AS left over to enjoy with an unscented soap. Good stuff! Three smooth, relaxing passes left me BBS for the win! Wrapped everything up with a healthy splash of the AS and everything was right as rain. I have enjoyed using the Fat Boy for the last little bit, but will be moving back to straights this week. Life is good!

Home Front-
So, what can I update you guys on? Had a cold front move through bringing rain and a decent dip in the temps. I was hoping it would hold off just a bit because we had a fishing tourney yesterday, but it is what it is. As I said, I am not a morning person, so I stayed up all night Friday to leave the house at 2:30am Saturday. Started the day out with a very nice Ethos shave to set the tone for the day. I also grabbed a nap to and from the lake yesterday, which was about 2 hours away from us. The day was cold windy and overcast, but we managed. We competed against 30 other boats and came in 6th place, not too shabby. Fun fact, my stepson is very competitive and I had the bigger fish in our first two tournaments of the season. It was driving him crazy ... so fun. I am more laid back and enjoy just being outside away from the hustle, bustle and white noise. Anyway, it was a good day overall as we hone our craft. Today I slept in late and am taking a chill day before the grind begins again tomorrow. That's it for now.

Today’s Shave

Pre Shave-
Scuttle: Captain's Choice
Splash and go

Shave-
Brush: RazorRock 400
Soap: SV Stella Alpina

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Dickenson Witch Hazel
AS: SV Stella Alpina

The Deets-
So the weekend has rolled back around. Today is overcast and rainy, so no outside chores today ... yay me. Today I eased into DE shave with the Fat Boy. I was going through some shave gear in a storage drawer and the RR 400 brush spoke to me. I am not a big fan of synth's, but I really dig the handle of this Rubberset clone. I'm just too cheap to buy the real deal. Anyway, since I was going to play around with this brush, I decided to grab the CC scuttle and bowl lather. This scuttle pulls double duty as a scuttle and bowl because my wife snatched my Turkish copper bowl ... meanhead. Checking out the soaps on my shelf, Stella Alpina sounded good.

I loaded the soap heavy off the puck and went to the scuttle. The brush was just damp and I slowly added water as I whipped up a really nice, creamy lather. I went with my standard shave of: WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. Three silky smooth passes left me BBS for the win! Wrapped everything up with the witch hazel, a splash of the aftershave and everything was right as rain! A very nice shave to start the day. Life is good!

Home Front-
Not much going on with the home front his week. Busy week at the office, but the house stayed pretty quite. This weekend, I'm going through shave stuff and seeing what I have left to purge. I shed the bonds of collecting a while back and let go of my grail pieces, but I have a few more bits to offload. I don't see me going full on minimalist, but I do have a few more things to part with to get to a more modest level. A random shave will be on deck tomorrow and then I may try to 3017 something, but no promises. So ... that's it for now.

IMG_9763.jpeg

Today’s Shave

Pre Shave-
Strop: Tony Miller Plain Vanilla
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Henckels SR
Blade: none
Soap: RR The Dead Sea

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: RR The Dead Sea

The Deets-
So … I was really trying to start a solid 3017 of “Which One’s Pink” and then … squirrel! I have been wanting to try this RR set for some time and just didn’t pull the trigger. But as I’m finalizing my permanent soap/AS rotation, I had to try it. This came in yesterday afternoon and was on deck this morning. I will say my nose is janky so I can’t describe scents, at all. And when I saw cannabis in the scent notes, I wasn’t sure what I was getting into. Thankfully it doesn’t reek like weed, but does have an interesting scent. I’m digging it!

Pulled the RR 400 back out and if I still had my RR Mamba, it would have been all RR today. Anyway the Henckels got the nod and it didn’t disappoint. Again I used my scuttle as a shaving bowl and whipped up an outstanding lather. It was nice, creamy and slick. I rocked my standard three pass shave and walked away BBS for the win! Yup I’m digging this set and if it passes the missus sniff test, it’ll make the permanent rotation. Life is good!

Today’s Shave

Pre Shave-
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Gillette Old Type
Blade: Polsilver
Soap: RR The Dead Sea

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
AS: RR The Dead Sea

The Deets-
So … did I mention that I’m digging this scent? I finished the work week with the Henckels, then switched over to the Old Type for the weekend. This razor hasn’t seen any action in a while, but it’s still a favorite DE. I picked this up early on when I moved over to traditional shaving. And using this razor really made me nostalgic for the Gillette Goodwill 162 that I purged from my den several years ago. That one was in mint condition and also a great shaver. I should have kept that one.

Anyway, I’ve enjoyed using this RR set and the scent is missus approved. Another very nice shave was had this morning too as I rocked the scuttle with hot water. That is a win! So this one has secured a slot in the permanent rotation. I may pick up PDP 63 and try that at some point. That would round the den out to an even 10, once I have purged more soaps. I think that’s enough rambling for now. Life is good!

Top Bottom