What's new

Looking for New Electric Razor.

Hi, I'm looking for a new electric razor, preferably a rotary blade. I won't need to travel with this razor; I'm basically looking for something that will give me a shave every few days in my bedroom, plus something that can trim my sideboards. I've got a budget of £200, but I can go higher if needed.

If you don’t mind me saying, the best place to ask that question would be on the Modern Shaving Systems sub-forum of this forum.

Traditional (safety and straight razor) wet shavers typically spend little time thinking about cartridge razors, let alone electric razors. For many of us the rule is that if there is a metal sheet between the cutting edge and the skin it can never shave as close as a “proper” razor, where the cutting blade glides across the skin.

From what I gather, Braun (9 or 8 Series) and Panasonic (ARC 6 or 5 series) razors are in the lead, but if you want a rotary blades model you may be better off looking at Philips Norelco (9000 and 6000 series).

If you Google for a website called “Shavercheck”, the owner does pretty good reviews of electric razors.
He has recently done a “The Best Electric Razor For Men (2024): A definite Guide” post that may be of use to you.
I did not post any link to stay within forum guidelines.

Good luck finding the right razors.

B.

Last edited:
If you don’t mind me saying, the best place to ask that question would be on the Modern Shaving Systems sub-forum of this forum.

Traditional (safety and straight razor) wet shavers typically spend little time thinking about cartridge razors, let alone electric razors. For many of us the rule is that if there is a metal sheet between the cutting edge and the skin it can never shave as close as a “proper” razor, where the cutting blade glides across the skin.

From what I gather, Braun (9 or 8 Series) and Panasonic (ARC 6 or 5 series) razors are in the lead, but if you want a rotary blades model you may be better off looking at Philips Norelco (9000 and 6000 series).

If you Google for a website called “Shavercheck”, the owner does pretty good reviews of electric razors.
He has recently done a “The Best Electric Razor For Men (2024): A definite Guide” post that may be of use to you.
I did not post any link to stay within forum guidelines.

Good luck finding the right razors.

B.
Thanks for the advice. I'll take a look, and hopefully, a moderate can move the thread after I've reported it.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
While electrics are part of modern systems, they are also part of general shaving.
There are 13 pages of thread titles here that contain the word electric.
Let's give it a bit, and if there isn't interest in replies here, we can always move it.

While electrics are part of modern systems, they are also part of general shaving.
There are 13 pages of thread titles here that contain the word electric.
Let's give it a bit, and if there isn't interest in replies here, we can always move it.
Hi, thanks very much.

Not rotary but, I love my Panasonic Arc 5. Works very well. I think it's absolutely one you should look into. Also, welcome to B&B!

Panasonic Arc 5.jpg

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Not rotary but, I love my Panasonic Arc 5. Works very well. I think it's absolutely one you should look into. Also, welcome to B&B!

View attachment 1773457

I got that very exact Panasonic Arc 5 shaver, I used it for a bit, then I upgraded the foil head on it to 3rd generation. I really love the shaver, because the motor has got serious horse power, it's also fast ultrasonic speed doesn't tug on my whiskers, and I can get a low grade BBS, or high grade DFS shave! My review with pics below...

I would get the Arc 5 if I were him. Personally, I consider the Arc 6 to be diminishing returns, both due to initial buy in cost, but as well as replacement foil and blade costs. But I too agree that Panasonic got it right with the Arc 5, for those who have course whiskers.

Prior to buying the Arc 5 last year, I owned the Arc 4. Personally, I felt the Arc 4 was underpowered for my course whiskers, I really got the sense it was really designed for light to medium whiskers. So that's why I upgraded to the Arc 5.

Additionally, I don't do well with rotary shavers, they tug on my whiskers, it's quite the horror show, and motors always seemed weak in them. Foil shavers are where it's at. And yes foil excels at 1 to 2 day whiskers.

Technically, Ive been able to get my Arc 5 to remove a 5 day beard, but it was slow going, and I got irritation. So keep the shaves between 1 to 2 days as you are already planning. Alright, hope my detailed review and upgrade info helps.

I have a Panasonic ARC5 with the upgraded head. I haven’t used any other current electric.

With my light-medium beard, I get DFS- shaves after 8-10 minutes shaving plus 2-3 minutes cleaning and lube—about half my time for a DE shave. More shaving time than that doesn’t make the shave closer. I get little or no irritation. ‘Lectric Shave gives me a slightly smoother 1st pass.

Other pluses include solid feel, good balance and grip, only moderate heat, and full charge in about 1 hour. There’s a convenient trimmer, but it’s not very effective.

The ARC5 is well-designed and well-made. I much prefer DE shaves, but when I’m in a hurry shaving with the ARC5 is better than good enough.

Thanks for the replies. I've been looking at the Panasonic shavers, and they look like a Class Act. ( ARC5)

The panasonic ES-LS9A Wet & Dry 6-Blade Electric Shaver looks a good one but still a little expensive.

Hi, I'm looking for a new electric razor, preferably a rotary blade. I won't need to travel with this razor; I'm basically looking for something that will give me a shave every few days in my bedroom, plus something that can trim my sideboards. I've got a budget of £200, but I can go higher if needed.

I’ve been using the Pitbull for face and head shaves. I am very satisfied with its performance.

Post in thread 'JoWolf’s Lather Slide'
JoWolf’s Lather Slide - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/jowolfs-lather-slide.638266/post-12461074

Top Bottom