Blade: none
Brush: Shavemac Beehive
Soap: Ethos Succes

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Dickenson Witch Hazel
AS: Ethos Succes

The Deets-

Rocking this setup this week. And the kitchen is back together … finally. Life is good!

IMG_9617.jpeg

Today’s Shave

Pre Shave-
Strop: Tony Miller Notovan
Scuttle: GP
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Shumates Barber SR
Brush: Trotter Handcrafts Badger
Soap: SV Felce Aromatica

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Dickenson Witch Hazel
AS: SV Felce Aromatica

The Deets-
I ran the same soap and aftershave this weekend. Saturday I used a Gillette red tip and back to a straight on Sunday. Had a glorious BBS with the red tip, but just missed the mark with the SR. The Shumate was a bit tuggy and missed a small spot under the chin. That one will be set aside for a refresh. In spite of that, the AS brought everything together.

It’s funny how we cycle through phases. I jumped into traditional shaving collecting all manner of things, like some of us do. I then struggled with the sheer volume of “stuff” and then start downsizing. I have reduced my DE and SR collections down to maintainable levels. Not bare minimum, but maintainable levels. I have a few scuttles that are on my list to part with too.

My biggest struggle has been with soaps and aftershaves. I find my tastes are still changing in the soap/AS area. I think I can pair things down to 5 soaps that I would like to keep on hand. Stirling Unscented with Beeswax will replace my tallow MWF once it’s gone. That one gives me wiggle room for aftershave’s without a matching soap. I haven’t bought anything in some time and I am just trying to use up what’s on hand. But … the soaps are plotting against me, they have become really slow to use up. What’s up with that?

Apologies for the rambling. TLDR; Life is good!

Home Front-
Ok, since you read this far. The past two weekends, the missus and I have gone through and decluttered a bunch of stuff in the kitchen area. We have been slowly working through the entire house and still have a bit to go. But I was surprised by the volume of stuff in the kitchen that we got rid of. That was one big trip to donate to the thrift store … wow. Ok, all done … really.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
View attachment 1788895
Today’s Shave

Pre Shave-
Strop: Tony Miller Plain Vanilla
Scuttle: none
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Collings SR
Brush: Shavemac Beehive
Soap: Ethos Succes

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Dickenson Witch Hazel
AS: Ethos Succes

The Deets-

Rocking this setup this week. And the kitchen is back together … finally. Life is good!

View attachment 1788896
Very nice, sir! :thumbsup:

Today’s Shave

Pre Shave-
Strop: Tony Miller Notovan
Scuttle: none
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Torrey SR
Brush: Trotter Handcrafts Boar
Soap: DR Harris Windsor

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Dickenson Witch Hazel
AS: DR Harris Windsor

The Deets-
Great shave today to start the week off. Somehow I woke up a bit early and went with a leisurely shave … so nice. Three trouble free passes and I walked away BBS for the win! Yup, this is the kit for the week. Life is good!

Home Front-
So end of the week threw us a curveball and it was a crazy busy weekend too. But Saturday was awesome! The Stepson and I had our first fishing tourney of the year. It was mid 50’s and freaking raining all day long. Yuck. But … but we nailed it. We walked away with first place and big fish! Man oh man, I caught my personal best fish and am so stoked! You read that right, I caught the big fish! This big girl (11+ pounds) took big bass and seated us firmly in first place. Prior to this, my biggest bass was 6 pounds. And she was also 2 pounds shy of the lake record. As an added bonus, I am registering her in the Texas ShareLunker program. It was a good day.

Attachment.jpeg

Top Bottom