What's new

Milkcrate's Musings

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I have a friend that has a few of those old "bikes" too. This is a picture of my friend Fritz on his dad's bike at Ontario Motor Speedway just before he went into the Marines.
Fritz Indian.jpg

Fritz with his dad's 1913 Indian, circa 45 years ago.
Fritz Indian2.jpg

And the speedster fully restored on its way to the museum. Notice the lack of a throttle. Carb was wired wide open and used a magneto cut-off switch to control the speed. Fritz told me it would lift the front wheel at 60mph.
Indian.jpg

~doug~

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I have a friend that has a few of those old "bikes" too. This is a picture of my friend Fritz on his dad's bike at Ontario Motor Speedway just before he went into the Marines.
View attachment 1719731
Fritz with his dad's 1913 Indian, circa 45 years ago.
View attachment 1719732
And the speedster fully restored on its way to the museum. Notice the lack of a throttle. Carb was wired wide open and used a magneto cut-off switch to control the speed. Fritz told me it would lift the front wheel at 60mph.
View attachment 1719733

~doug~
Stunning!

Today’s Shave

Pre Shave-
Strop: Tony Mill Plain Vanilla
Scuttle: none
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Clauss SR
Blade: none
Brush: Trotter Handcrafts Boar
Soap: MWF

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Dickenson Witch Hazel
AS: Avon Clint

The Deets-
Back with an old favorite today. Haven’t used The Fat in a while and it just spoke to me. I’ve also been on a Badger kick lately, but there is just something about The Fat and a boar brush … good stuff. The Clauss was back on deck today and Avon Clint wrapped everything up.

Loaded The Fat heavy and got to it, whipping up a really slick lather. Went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. Wrapped everything up with a healthy splash of the aftershave and everything was right as rain. Life is good!

Home Front-
Speaking of rain, we had 2 fronts roll through about a week apart. We got over 4” of rain with the first front. We then picked up 3” inches on the second one. That really helped close up these weather cracks and the grass is green again. Been spending a lot of downtime studying Python as part of my Personal Development Plan from work. Not sure if I want to be a code monkey when I grow up. But putting my toes in the water, so we shall see. I think that’s all I have for you today.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Today’s Shave

Pre Shave-
Strop: Tony Mill Plain Vanilla
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Clauss SR

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Dickenson Witch Hazel

The Deets-
Back with an old favorite today. Haven’t used The Fat in a while and it just spoke to me. I’ve also been on a Badger kick lately, but there is just something about The Fat and a boar brush … good stuff. The Clauss was back on deck today and Avon Clint wrapped everything up.

Loaded The Fat heavy and got to it, whipping up a really slick lather. Went with my standard three passes of WTG, XTG and ATG with no drama to report. Wrapped everything up with a healthy splash of the aftershave and everything was right as rain. Life is good!

Home Front-
Speaking of rain, we had 2 fronts roll through about a week apart. We got over 4” of rain with the first front. We then picked up 3” inches on the second one. That really helped close up these weather cracks and the grass is green again. Been spending a lot of downtime studying Python as part of my Personal Development Plan from work. Not sure if I want to be a code monkey when I grow up. But putting my toes in the water, so we shall see. I think that’s all I have for you today.
Clint is an old Avon aftershave that flies under the radar.... I like it a lot.

Today’s Shave

Pre Shave-
Strop: none
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Israeli Red
Soap: AOS Unscented

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Dickenson Witch Hazel
AS: Duc de Santal

The Deets-
Have been using random setups since my last update. I grabbed my fat handled Tech for the last two shaves and the Israeli Red blade. I picked that up in a blade assortment somewhere and this is the first time that I have used them. Seems to be a good blade. And a great shave was had today. Life is good!

IMG_9459.jpeg

Today’s Shave

Pre Shave-
Strop: Tony Miller Notovan
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: SK Collins SR
Brush: SV LE Badger
Soap: SV 70th

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Dickenson Witch Hazel
AS: SV 70th

The Deets-
Kicking it like a boss today! And yes … Life is good!

Today’s Shave

Pre Shave-
Strop: Tony Miller Plain Vanilla
Splash and go

Shave-
Razor: Gold Dollar SR

Post Shave-
Post shave lather
Dickenson Witch Hazel

The Deets-
Greetings and salutations friends and neighbors! And apologies @thombrogan for my extended absence. Rocking the tallow Fat, because that’s what I have and it’s the last puck. I didn’t hoard when the craziness started (trying to make Sam proud). Not sure what I think about the palm soaps, so I probably won’t buy the new version. Is that the same palm kinda stuff that they deforest for and kill the orange primates to grow?

Anyway, working an unassuming setup this weekend. A fun three pass shave was had leaving me BBS for the win! And I think Avon Clint is just a timeless scent. A heavy splash of that and everything was right as rain! Life is good!

Home Front-
So, a few things have been going on and I’ll throw in a few pics for Sam.

Goofing with some new shoes (not Christmas).

IMG_9439.jpeg

My team at work is short staffed and we are told to work harder/do more. As part of my “professional development”, I am studying cyber security stuff in my spare time. Not needed for my current position, just expanding my horizons.

Oh and we had a water leak that has not been fun. It was a slow leak, so kitchen gutted and damaged wood replaced. Kitchen is still a work in progress.

IMG_9558.jpeg

IMG_9559.jpeg

IMG_9568.jpeg

IMG_9573.jpeg

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Welcome back, Tim! Very glad to read you are enjoying your MWF while it lasts.

Sorry to read about the water damage and the increased workload. My workplace recently right-sized, too.

Top Bottom