What's new

Mike's hand made soaps from Brooklyn.

MIKE's NATURAL SOAPS (A different poll)

• Handmade in the U.S.A.

• Handmade in Ann Arbor, MI

• Doesn't matter

Results are only viewable after voting.
Here is mine from today. It's Mikes Lilly of the Valley. I usually face lather this is palm lathered.
I loaded for 30 seconds and then worked it for maybe 45 seconds.
$001 (1280x960).jpg$003 (1280x960).jpg

Here's a pic of the lather I created from Mike's Hungarian Lavender today (snapped the pic with my phone before the 3rd and final pass). Nice BBS and my skin feels great! This soap is amazing!

$20130207_163101.jpg

All of these pics of lather are so much better than what I can achieve. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Maybe it has to do with not having any of Mike's soap yet. Might have to get some.

I use Mike's Barbershop scent on a regular basis and it's an excellent soap in my opinion. I have a sample of the Bay Rum and it also performs up to the standards of Mike's other soaps. The fragrance seems pretty good to me, although I'm kinda lukewarm on the whole Bay Rum family of fragrances. I don't dislike them, but I don't find them terribly compelling either.

Bay Rum is one I've yet to try, but if it anything like Mike's other soap then it is sure to be a winner. I love the Barber Shop, Rose & Cedarwood, Pine & Cedarwood, and Orange, Cedarwood, & Black Pepper scents. All smell wonderful and are great performers.

I have the mikes bayrum as well as the orange cedar and black pepper , barbershop ,and rosemary and pepermint all are top notch . The bayrum has a good clean bayrum scent without the overpowering of clove scent present in so many other bayrums . Its close to superior 70 with a little bit of dominica lime .

I have it in Bay and really like the scent but the great part is shaving with this excellent soap. It's thirsty but what a slick ,long lasting lather . I like to do a 3 or 4 pass so I need a soap like Mikes to keep that blade and my skin lubed. Skin feels great after use too!

It's a really great soap, and if the scent is anything like the orange/cedar/black pepper it's probably very well done.

I have a couple of pucks of Barbershop and a couple of shave sticks of the Lemongrass and Eucalyptus. Bought 2 of each intended to share...too niiiiiiiiice. Mine now.

I have it in Bay and really like the scent but the great part is shaving with this excellent soap. It's thirsty but what a slick ,long lasting lather . I like to do a 3 or 4 pass so I need a soap like Mikes to keep that blade and my skin lubed. Skin feels great after use too!

I agree, I used Mike's peppermint last night and was surprised at how great it left my skin feeling. Good Stuff!

Mike's is a great soap. I'm not thrilled with the bay rum scent, but it is a good soap. I prefer my bay rum to be on the spicier side. Mike's is conservative. Still, solid scent and great soap!!!

Mike's soaps are quickly becoming my go to's. I have three scents and the all give the same thick slick lather, no doubt the bay rum possesses the potential for the same outstanding lather. His tins are a great size for loading any size of brush too.

Top Bottom