What's new

Mike's hand made soaps from Brooklyn.

MIKE's NATURAL SOAPS (A different poll)

• Handmade in the U.S.A.

• Handmade in Ann Arbor, MI

• Doesn't matter

Results are only viewable after voting.
I recently ordered a puck of lime and a sample of the Pine & Cedarwood from Mike. I used the Pine this AM and the scent is great! I don't get much cedarwood, mostly a strong pine scent. To me it smells like standing in a pine forest which is exactly the scent I have been looking for. It created a wonderful lather like all Mike's soaps and left my face feeling wonderfully soft. I strongly suggest trying a sample if Pine & Cedarwood are pleasing to your nose and as always YMMV.

Oh man...not another soap! I just ordered Mike's barbershop and rose soaps. I was actually looking for a pine scent since the only pine I have (Aubrey's) is non-lathering.

BAH! Pine is my favorite scent for fall / winter. Good thing summer is coming up, maybe I can resist the ADs until then...:wacko:

How good are these soaps? Are they in the top class of soaps?

i'm hoping to hear the answer too.

i'd like to think, based on the reviews and feedback, they are up there with QCS and RR (2 of the best handmade soaps out there in this price range), but am also awaiting this answer....

Mike makes a fantastic soap, imho. It is the equal of any I have tried, as long as the ingredients and scent are to your liking. Regards, Bradley

With four of Mike's soaps in my possession, I would have to say they are pretty top quality. Since they contain lanolin I feel they later best with cool to warm water, but produce a great, slick lather. His Lime and Rosemary/Peppermint will surely be summertime favorites.

i'm hoping to hear the answer too.

i'd like to think, based on the reviews and feedback, they are up there with QCS and RR (2 of the best handmade soaps out there in this price range), but am also awaiting this answer....
I haven't used QCS but they peform as well as RR for me and with the lanolin leave my face feeling softer. I find them close to MWF in the way my skin feels, but with better scents. They are worth ordering a sample. YMMV

I own the barbershop and orange cedar black pepper from mike and I am more than pleased with the soaps. There some top notch stuff, and the smells are just devine, now if Mike ever comes out with a plain vetiver and sandalwood soap I'll be ordering some more!!! :clap:

I just got a bunch of samples and wasn't too expensive at all. But I need to stop reading so many positive reviews so I can stop purchasing for a little :001_tongu

I need a rose scent in my rotation. Is the rose, an authentic scent?

Rose is one of the mo$$t expensive essential oil. I would venture a guess it is a FO and not EO . Just a guess. I bet it smells great though. These a really nice soaps. Just feel your face after!:adoration:

To all you guys on the fence... Mike offers samples, which are affordable and shipping is VERY reasonable within the CONUS at least. If I didn't have such oily skin I'd be all over samples of the pine/cedarwood and lavender/eucalyptus!

To all you guys on the fence... Mike offers samples, which are affordable and shipping is VERY reasonable within the CONUS at least. If I didn't have such oily skin I'd be all over samples of the pine/cedarwood and lavender/eucalyptus!

+1 I was shocked at how great of a deal I got to just smell almost all of the samples (left out unscented of course and I think one other) I am pretty sure I am going to have to get a full stick eventually. So many soaps...

I used Mike's "Barbershop" scent today for my inaugural single edge shave. As usual, very cushiony, slick lather with a nice "medium strength" scent. Mike's is one of my top products for leaving my skin feeling really good after the shave. My current leader for post-shave skin feel is Haslinger, but Mike's soap is close behind and about 1/5th the price! I will be purchasing more in the future!

I own a bar of his Orange/Cedarwood/Black Pepper and it is a performs very well and the scent is unique and lasts quite a while. For me, the lather compares to what I get from RazoRock Chianti Lavendar and King Louis. Mike included a sample of Lemongrass body soap and the scent is top notch and, like his shaving bar, performs well. When I received my shaving bar, I smooshed it into a Pyrex container and load my brush straight from it and it works like a champ.

Top Bottom