What's new

Merkur or Muhle

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I have really enjoyed my switch from the Merkur heads to the new Muhle version on my Edwin Jagger because it is smoother and less aggressive.

Less aggressive than a Merkur HD? The HD is a great razor for both beginners and experienced shavers, because it is not aggressive when compared to some others, like the red tip, but once experienced, you can get an amazing shave with it. For me, BBS every morning.

I would go with Merkur. But then again I've only tried Merkurs and Gillettes.

I have the Merkur 33C, the Edwin Jagger DE87 and the Mühle R106. And they are great shavers, it's impossible to do a bad choice, the differences from the performance point of view are very small. The Mühle and the Edwin Jagger are better finished than the merkurs IMHO. The merkurs have an excellent grip, balance and weight, but I use the EJ and the Mühle with the same efectiveness.

I think that you can decide from the aesthetic point of view, the Mühle r106 is an elegant razor, I have got it and it's my fav, the Edwin Jagger DE have more options for the handle: black, ivory, silver, silver lined,......the merkur offers the handle in silver, gold, and long, short or Heavy....

I obtain an excellent shave from any of them, Merkur, EJ and Mühle. The EJ and the Mühle have the same head and it works very fine with bic blades. The merkur 33c gives me a close shave with permasharp blades.

Last edited:
Top Bottom