What's new

MDC Monday

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I guess I’m part of the club now…
6B1DE5CB-C5FE-4E4A-81FD-272C414D555E.jpeg

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20240304_223647.jpg

366 shaves in 2024
Shave#85 of 366 remaining 281(100%)

Razor:
Muhle R41
Blade: Personna 74(54)
Brush: Muhle Kosmo STF
Soap: MdC Original
A/S: Davidoff Cool Water
Post Shave: Proraso Green Balm, Nivea Hyaluron Gel

Tonight for MdC/Muhle Monday i reverted to the week before lasts setup. I love the Kosmo because it is like it just deposits the lather on my face like magic. With MdC being such a fantastic soap it is no wonder it is my second favourite day of the week (after SV Saturday of course).
The 54th use of the P74 blade was yet another smooth affair as it just keeps wracking up the shaves.

Mike M

IMG_20240304_223647.jpg

366 shaves in 2024
Shave#92 of 366 remaining 274(100%)
Muhle Monday
MdC Monday

Razor:
Muhle R41
Blade: Personna 74(61)
Brush: Muhle Kosmo STF
Soap: MdC Original(92)
A/S: Davidoff Cool Water
Post Shave: Nivea Hyaluron Gel

Ok it's Muhle/MdC Monday (and Easter Monday and April Fools day) but the big news, at least for me is that I have set a new record for the number of shaves with a single blade. The R41 is still delivering great shaves with the P74 blade, I think this is the longest run of consecutive uses of the R41 I've had since I got it. It was never my favourite razor but I have definitely grown to respect it for its run with this blade. From now every shave with the P74 is a new record for me so I'll just see how much further I can get.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Yesterday (so Monday).

Soap: MdC original
Brush: Rudy Vey 24x48
Razor: Fendrihan MKii
Blade: Astra SP (Russia)
Scuttle : Japanese (made of Rubber).
AS (not in picture): Cocktail of 1:1 Osage Rub + Thayer unscented. Added 25% of Nivea sensitive unscented
IMG_1927.JPG

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
The tub of Vetyver I began Christmas of 2022 is nearly gone. It may have one or two more shaves. Every single day but one it has supplied three latherings for three passes. The one day I skipped I was trying out the brain bowl of original that I was given for Christmas 2023. The anticipation is building.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
The tub of Vetyver I began Christmas of 2022 is nearly gone. It may have one or two more shaves. Every single day but one it has supplied three latherings for three passes. The one day I skipped I was trying out the brain bowl of original that I was given for Christmas 2023. The anticipation is building.
The brain bowl of original has finally begun. The scent is almost nonexistent. I kind of like that. The lather is typical MdC. I really like that. Loading atop the pile of soap is much easier and less messy than I would have imagined.

MDC and MicroMatic Monday Merrymaking

Killing two Monday birds with one stone. I'll blame it on the Eclipse.
Wondeful Rose scent whipped into a frenzy by the Luxury knot.

Gem MicroMatic Razor
PAL Carbon Blue Blade (2X)
Martin de Candre Rose Soap Sample
AP ShaveCo Luxury Brush
Myrsol Agua de Limon Splash

RazoRock Tuscan Oud Aftershave

6905F50F-4683-4713-A543-2C54470EF87A-compressed.jpeg

Mike M

IMG_20240318_141848.jpg

366 shaves in 2024
Shave#99 of 366 remaining 267(100%)
Muhle Monday
MdC Monday

Razor:
Muhle R41
Blade: Personna 74(68)
Brush: Muhle Rocca R94 STF
Soap: MdC Original(93)
A/S: CK be
Post Shave: Nivea Hyaluron Gel

Tonight I decided for Muhle/MdC Monday to use the Rocca R94 brush to lather up. There has not been much of a chance to change up the gear as I am still using the P74 and the best razor to pair it with is the R41. I still can't get over how many shaves I have gotten from this blade, I was expecting a good number due to its legendary status, but I never expected anything like this. Today's shave was very smooth, even on the jawline.

Top Bottom