What's new

MdC came!

Very true, Steve. And as always, your insight is much appreciated. I agree with you in regards to the fragrances of France and Italy. No doubt it would be more economically sound to have such industries located in friendlier business environments... but thankfully there are certain aspects where artisans trump the accountants.

I'm jealous of that large order you placed! Can't imagine any friends being upset with a gift like MdC. After all, you're the reason my wallet is 100 euros lighter! :laugh:. Hope all is well.

I recently purchased Mdc from Old Town Shaving. Easy transaction. Used mdc this morning. I enjoy everything about it. Great scent. Easy to lather. Slick. Great post shave feeling.

Would like to try the fougere soon. For those who have tried both, would you say the fougere is on the lighter side for scent? I would consider the original to be on the light side.
Can I ask what you paid for it? I'm curious is there any advantages/disadvantages to ordering from OTS vs straight from MdC. Shipping mainly.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Hey Columbus,

My wallet is now lighter than yours! I've always wanted to try the brain bowl. I have half a jar of original left, so it may be a while before I actually start using it. Give the unscented a whirl at some point. Some folks think it lathers the best of all, and I've also felt that the fragrance oils can affect soaps, though both the original and fougere lather just fine as you know.

You can also scent the unscented with your favorite fragrance, but use small amounts of soap to begin with as some fragrances work better than others. I have some with Penhaligon's Opus 1870 and Creed Epicea (Epicea doesn't last very long though, a noted behavior of this fragrance).

Cheers, Steve

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I ordered several items including aftershave oil and bath soaps, I believe Columbus has a better number because of his order.

But I can tell you that everyone selling MdC in the US bought it retail and adds US shipping to it. Every time I've checked, the U.S. vendors (there's another besides OTC) were more expensive. If you feel comfortable ordering via the French website, and it works just like any other, it's cheaper and just as fast. And yes, if you click on "English" it's still in French. Sacre bleu!

Another perk to ordering from MdC France is they always include some freebies and a nice handwritten note.

Edit: I believe you can just go to their website and fill out an order to see shipping then not complete it if you don't want to. There will be a "sweet spot" probably at 2-3 jars that will go in a 1 kg box. Also, the initial prices are shown +20% VAT which comes off when you enter a non-EU address.

Cheers, Steve

Last edited:
Top Bottom